grouping help

Using Supreme Ruler's Map Editor you can modify existing scenarios or design your own. Discuss your scenarios being developed and find design and map editor assistance inside this forum. Also discuss combining regions and the steps to create missions.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

joecool250
Captain

grouping help

Post by joecool250 »

okay, i am trying to group the regions on the world map. I am wanting to make three super regions. One combines north and south america. the other combines europe, africa, russia and the middle east. the other combines south asia, india pakistan, oceania.

i am wanting to make it a degree more difficult and have three super regions, because now taking out each region themselves is too easy.

thanks.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

So what exactly do you need help with?

Instructions on making groupings is found in section 3c of the mapeditor documentation
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
joecool250
Captain

Post by joecool250 »

ok i had the old documentation, thanks!
joecool250
Captain

Post by joecool250 »

okay, i tried to group north and south america, i used the following code

2,0,0,0, 3,2,99,3,0,

although its not working, what am i doing wrong? i put it in the GMT file, do i have to upload it or whatever?

what file should i do? what folder? i copied all of the world files to the custom folder and tried to do that, should i do it in the regular folder?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

That looks fine to me, but you must put it in the GMC file. Check the Europe GMC for an example of groupings. In your custom folder you should have your new World.GMC with copies of the World.GAM and World.MAP.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
joecool250
Captain

Post by joecool250 »

where in the GMC file, i dont have the &&GROUPINGS section, where do i put it in the file? what file in which folder? in the scenario folder?
red
General

Post by red »

Paste anywhere in Custom\World.GMC:

&&GROUPINGS
2,0,0,0, 3,2,99,3,0,

That's all.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

It should be placed just above the player info section, but I believe red is correct that it can be placed pretty much anywhere.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Legend
General

Post by Legend »

An added note... if you want to see how we have used grouping for a few of the maps released with the game take a look at any of the following GMC files:
Adriatics.GMC
Balkans.GMC
Italy.GMC
(we have many more maps with custom groups as well)

These three files use the same "map file" of "Adriatics" - first line - gamfile: "Adriatics".

In each GMC file the &&Groupings section has groupings playable in each map. The Balkans.GMC groups Italian regions to World Market Territory and the Italy.GMC groups Balkan regions to World Market. The Adriatics.GMC contains two groupings to allow different starting points in the game using the entire Adriatics map.
joecool250
Captain

Post by joecool250 »

i put it in the file and it still isnt working......do i have to do the custom file or could i just change the file in the scenarios folder? do i have to import anything in the custom folder or do i have to tell it where to find the files?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Are you looking at the "custom" list of scenarios? (button to the left of the scenario selection list)
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
joecool250
Captain

Post by joecool250 »

nevermind, i figured out the grouping, but can i make multiple groups? like group me with with south america but group europe with africa?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

yes, just follow the instructions or look at one of the mentioned examples...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Eric Larsen
Colonel

Did you get it to work?

Post by Eric Larsen »

joecool250 wrote:nevermind, i figured out the grouping, but can i make multiple groups? like group me with with south america but group europe with africa?
joecool250,
I'm wondering if you got that grouping thing to work? Did you get to control both North America and South America or did you control North America while the AI muffed up South America? Did it just give you two regions rather than one unified whole? I'm really looking for something that would combine different regions into unified regions. I was looking to do just two regions, the Americas versus the rest of the world.
Thanks,

Eric Larsen
joecool250
Captain

Post by joecool250 »

yeah i got it to work, i combined NA and SA, then europe, middle east, russia, and africa, then grouped south east asia, oceania, india/pakistan. yes it worked, and you take control of everything when you group.

Return to “Design Scenarios, Grouping Regions, Creating Missions”