Colors of grouped regions

Using Supreme Ruler's Map Editor you can modify existing scenarios or design your own. Discuss your scenarios being developed and find design and map editor assistance inside this forum. Also discuss combining regions and the steps to create missions.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

Seydlitz
Major

Colors of grouped regions

Post by Seydlitz »

I've made a "2004 election" grouping with the new US map but the problem is that the "red states" are blue (since arkansas is the first of the group) and the "blue states" are red (since new england is the first of the group). Is there any way to easily change the colors?
red
General

Post by red »

Colors seem to be assigned rigidly by region number. I'd suggest assigning the Democratic regions to Jersey and the Republican regions to Nevada or New Mexico. You can then use the GMT to change the region's displayed name. If you are making a scenario or mission, you could also simply move Arkansas after New England in the US CVARS file.
Seydlitz
Major

Post by Seydlitz »

I had actually tried switching the leadoff region to see if that would work, and, strangely enough, the names that I assigned in the GMT file no longer worked. When I put the numbers back in order, the proper names reappeared. I guess I'll just have to stick with backwards colors...
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

switching it should have worked :-?

Did you actually switch the configuration vars data columns position then re-import? (carful for the data at the bottom that must remain in the correct column).
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Seydlitz
Major

Post by Seydlitz »

No, I didn't touch the cvars files. I just added a line to the .gmc and the .gmt files for the map. I was just curious if there might have been a data line somewhere that I missed (I still don't know what most of those numbers mean :-) ). It's totally an aesthetics issue though, the scenario plays fine.

Thanks for the help, anyway.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

if you wanted to change them place, you would have to trade their data places in the configuration variables file and also repaint them in the map editor (and use the "unify unit ownership button) then they would be in opposite places.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Design Scenarios, Grouping Regions, Creating Missions”