sick and tired of WM dishing out armies?

Using Supreme Ruler's Map Editor you can modify existing scenarios or design your own. Discuss your scenarios being developed and find design and map editor assistance inside this forum. Also discuss combining regions and the steps to create missions.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

the WM will look at both subsidy rate and approval when decideing if it should help a player or not, plus higher difficulty levels will affect what the WM dishes out (IIRC... George would know for sure :-? ) but that is set initially in the player configuration file, a little complex to alter, but the original for the Ukraine scenario has been released...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
+++
Sergeant

Post by +++ »

Balthagor
OK, I have Ukraine.csv and I’ve created new custom scenario – what should I change in csv to stop WM help?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

the variables milapproval; and subsidyrating; in the second batch of variables are the initial values. Set them lower and the WM will be less friendly (but not too low, don't want them getting boycott ;).

Maybe around 50% approval, 5% subisidy...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
+++
Sergeant

Post by +++ »

Hm. It does help but in some time my enemies got boycott from WM (I think so).. is there any other way to STOP THIS army feeding by WM?
Maybe some changes in SRUNITS or something else??
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Ya, I suppose you could do that, the WM can only offer units that have a value in the column CK - Market Availability. Change all those values to zero and the WM won't have any units (or designs) it can offer.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
+++
Sergeant

Post by +++ »

Yeee!! I did it! Hura! :)
But I’ve changed not by zero – just cleared those fields CK and WM have designs but not offering units.
Anyway it is much better to fight now.
Balthagor thanks but I managed to do this by myself :) anyway thanks a lot.

OK if someone need a srunits.csv – here it is
SRUNITS.zip
Unzip it in /CUSTOM folder
run MapEditor and find in left down corner a button “Import Equip File” – press it and wait – MapEditor will freeze for about 20 seconds, than close mapeditor and find in /CUSTOM/DATA file named DEFAULT.UNI – just check it’s modification date :) it must be current time
I think it is used by custom scenarios only.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

+++ wrote:I think it is used by custom scenarios only.
That is correct, simply copy the scenario you wish to play into the custom folder and it will play with that equiment file.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
+++
Sergeant

Post by +++ »

OK here is a new problem with SRUNITS.
When I save my custom scenario and quit the game, after what I restart Supreme Ruler and load my game – the original SRUNITS file is used, so all changes I’ve done are useless after game Save-Quit-Start-Load (Save-Load works fine).
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I do not understand what you're having problmes with. Are you saying you see it in the mapeditor but not in the game? Are you loading from the custom scenario list?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Uriens »

I believe hes saying that game file works fine when you start new game, but after you save it, then quit, then start game again game will use original file, not modified one.
Maybe it's because game doesn't load files from custom folder for saved games even if they are started from custom folder?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I'll have to try that out, it is possible that it's broken, we've not really had much chance to test that...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
+++
Sergeant

Post by +++ »

Uriens wrote:I believe hes saying that game file works fine when you start new game, but after you save it, then quit, then start game again game will use original file, not modified one.
Maybe it's because game doesn't load files from custom folder for saved games even if they are started from custom folder?
Correct – the problem is with loading previously saved custom game. Not a big problem – I’ve changed DEFAULT.UNI in /Maps/Data - in to my modified file.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

k, I'll look into this further and we'll see about correcting it since changing the default.uni in the Maps/Data/ directory will make your copy incompatible with others for internet play. We want to be able to support the custom equipment lists.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Uriens »

+++ wrote:Yeee!! I did it! Hura! :)
But I’ve changed not by zero – just cleared those fields CK and WM have designs but not offering units.
Anyway it is much better to fight now.
Balthagor thanks but I managed to do this by myself :) anyway thanks a lot.

OK if someone need a srunits.csv – here it is
SRUNITS.zip
Unzip it in /CUSTOM folder
run MapEditor and find in left down corner a button “Import Equip File” – press it and wait – MapEditor will freeze for about 20 seconds, than close mapeditor and find in /CUSTOM/DATA file named DEFAULT.UNI – just check it’s modification date :) it must be current time
I think it is used by custom scenarios only.
I asume that this won't work with update 4 due to the unit changes that come with the update.
Philthy
Warrant Officer

Post by Philthy »

So, has anyone tried this out with 4.4.2? And will it keep the same settings after a save-quit-load cycle?

Phil

Return to “Design Scenarios, Grouping Regions, Creating Missions”