sick and tired of WM dishing out armies?

Using Supreme Ruler's Map Editor you can modify existing scenarios or design your own. Discuss your scenarios being developed and find design and map editor assistance inside this forum. Also discuss combining regions and the steps to create missions.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

It should still work, but I realised there is another way to do this. In the .GMC file for each scenario, we specify the region code from which any region should recieve offers (so in Africa you are offered French equipment, in India you're offered Chinese equipment, etc.) If you remove all letters for "xxarmsavail:" there will be no regions offering equipment. I would suggest copying the GMC, GAM and MAP into the custom folder before playing with this however so as not to corrupt any of the original maps.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Philthy
Warrant Officer

Post by Philthy »

By doing this, does that eliminate all offers or just offers for units? I like the idea of the WM offering technology or unit designs and don't want to restrict that. Its the free military equipment that gets over done IMO.

Phil
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Either way should just eliminate unit offers.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Uriens »

Balthagor wrote:It should still work, but I realised there is another way to do this. In the .GMC file for each scenario, we specify the region code from which any region should recieve offers (so in Africa you are offered French equipment, in India you're offered Chinese equipment, etc.) If you remove all letters for "xxarmsavail:" there will be no regions offering equipment. I would suggest copying the GMC, GAM and MAP into the custom folder before playing with this however so as not to corrupt any of the original maps.
Won't this remove design offers as well?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

oh, sorry, you are correct. But it may still offer techs, money and commodities.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Uriens »

Interesting, after all this time only now I actually tried that mod and found that WM doesn't give me any unit technology (or any technology for that matter) but only money/resources/advisors. So you might as well modify GMC file instead since you get same effect and is probably easier.

On a different note, I noticed that AI plays much better WITHOUT WM help then it does with it. Sure, it takes more time for regions to get out units, but they build only units then need and use. That helps their economy as there is no need to support large number of useless units WM sells to AI (supply trucks, ships and planes seem to be most common). So far (about 2 years) in Europe scenario with this mod, almost no nation has bancrupted yet.

If I understood correctly, the idea behind WM selling units feature is to both speed up arming of nations so that they can start/resolve their conflicts sooner and to help regions to 'balance' themselves as WM will give more units to weaker regions. This, however, has bad effect on large games (Europe, US, World scenarios) where playtime is much longer and there is no actuall need for such 'unit spamming' by WM.
I suggest to add an in game option (when setting up new scenario game) to disable WM sales of units so that it only sells designs, resources and advisors (basically what +++ mod inteded to do). Having that option will enable us to play both longer games on large scenarios with AI's economy lasting much longer and shorter games where getting units fast is a good idea.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

honestly, If we're going to spend time on that, I'd rather see us make the AI regions aware that the excess units are crippling their economy and get them to start selling them off like a player would... :-?

It should also see those units as "bonus" that should be thrown against any threat to increase their response level, but that's just my opinion.

Needless to say, we do intend to work on this :)
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

YES and YES.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

:lol: could have the units from the WM act like mercenaries. So u could get them killed without worry of the dead soldiers depleting ur reserves. And course cost u nothing to have them around. Just cost u money to get them. Just an idea but it be fun in a way to kill ur own units for once. :D
In war destroy everything even the livestock.
Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Uriens »

Balthagor wrote:honestly, If we're going to spend time on that, I'd rather see us make the AI regions aware that the excess units are crippling their economy and get them to start selling them off like a player would... :-?

It should also see those units as "bonus" that should be thrown against any threat to increase their response level, but that's just my opinion.

Needless to say, we do intend to work on this :)
Sounds good to me. :-) 8)

Return to “Design Scenarios, Grouping Regions, Creating Missions”