In-Game Grouped Regions

Using Supreme Ruler's Map Editor you can modify existing scenarios or design your own. Discuss your scenarios being developed and find design and map editor assistance inside this forum. Also discuss combining regions and the steps to create missions.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

Legend
General
Human: Yes

In-Game Grouped Regions

Post by Legend »

Has anyone tried any of the groupings that came with SR2010? We left a few in the game for people to try out. Any comments?
Baloogan
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Baloogan »

I like them. It creates a new twist to the senario. I really like it. We should have more.
Missiles!! Nukes!
Legend
General

Post by Legend »

Well, anyone, give a few suggestions and we'll add them in an update or we'll help people customize their own!
Decimatus
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Decimatus »

Yes, the groupings are nice. :)

To the world map, make a grouping of S. America + N. America, Europe + Russia, Mideast + Africa + India/Pakistan, and South Asia + Oceania.

I could use a quick lesson in how grouping works. I think I have read all the documentation involved(though I may have missed some), but I am unsure how to go about it.

The groupings in the GMC file don't make the least bit of sense to me. :P
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I'm hoping we can get an updated Mapeditor document posted soon which includes the instrucitons on making groupings. If not this week I'll leave details for Dax for next week (I'm on vacation).
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
isupreme
Captain

Post by isupreme »

Bring it on! :)
FORMIDABLE
Corporal

Post by FORMIDABLE »

i heard from another forum (scenario) that my country singapore is merged with malaysia... will the editor enable me to split my country from malaysia, so that i can start off as singapore in the indo-malayan map?
BattleGoat
General

Post by BattleGoat »

With a little work.... Yes!
- David
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Actually, having done that scenario, I would say no.

Singapore is not even one full hex in that map.

You might be able to make a custome Malaysia vs. Singapore map at a smaller scale, but a the scale of the Indomalyan scenario, Singapore is unplayable as a region.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
FORMIDABLE
Corporal

Post by FORMIDABLE »

Balthagor wrote:Actually, having done that scenario, I would say no.

Singapore is not even one full hex in that map.

You might be able to make a custome Malaysia vs. Singapore map at a smaller scale, but a the scale of the Indomalyan scenario, Singapore is unplayable as a region.
that's all i need... 8)

in the indomalayan map, maybe i can divide malaysia into 2, east malaysia with brunei (rename it as borneo) and peninsula malaysia with singapore which i will rename republic of malaya (old british name). 8)

i think this would be a nice division. otherwise.. its gonna be hardwork as hell having your country divided by a sea and trying to defend both sides by moving troops between the two using lots of transport ships.

a customise malaysia vs singapore map would be HOT HOT HOT in singapore and malaysia market. :-)
Andre_Trbojevic
Warrant Officer

Post by Andre_Trbojevic »

Here is something I was shocked not to find in the balkans:

SERBIA AAANNNNDDDD MONTENEGRO.

Seriously how can you leave that out? ( I live in serbia :) )
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

We've only done a fraction of the groupings that could be done, usually we did them because we wanted to try playing them or it just came up as a good idea.

Feel free to set it up :)

You can even past the text of the grouping here and we can make it available to everyone.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Legend
General

Post by Legend »

If anyone would like us to create any groupings for future updates, let us know what they are in an easy to read format.

Scenario: World
Groupings: 4 players
S. America + N. America,
Europe + Russia,
Mideast + Africa + India/Pakistan, and
South Asia + Oceania

(We will post some groupings document shortly)
Baloogan
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Baloogan »

Could we get some ingame way of grouping regions? I can fiddle around with the GMC file myself if I wanted to group regions, but for those who can't do that it would be nice to be able to choose rather outlandish configureations for multiplayer. 8_
Missiles!! Nukes!
ozmono2005
Brigadier Gen.

Post by ozmono2005 »

I think a good Idea would be seperating. By that I mean having smaller starting scenerios for the existing campaigns and more in between scenerios. Expanding campaigns length. I realise this would take alot but I am sure some people (including myslef) would be willing to expand on a couple of campaigns. In fact I'll probably start doing it in about a weeks time anyway. If your interested let me know and I'll send them to you after there done

PS, The equation for map editing preportions could have been much simpler.

Return to “Design Scenarios, Grouping Regions, Creating Missions”