Tower Defense

Using Supreme Ruler's Map Editor you can modify existing scenarios or design your own. Discuss your scenarios being developed and find design and map editor assistance inside this forum. Also discuss combining regions and the steps to create missions.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

imnotthatwierd
Captain

Tower Defense

Post by imnotthatwierd »

I seem to remember from Warcraft3, a totally random part, was the ability to play maps which had nothing to do with warcraft, merely the fact it used the units

and it gave a break from the seriousness of the game, for something quite fun

Tower Defense was the most known (or at least i think it was), you would basically build towers, to stop the on-coming waves of enemies, around 20 per level, and after each level, the enemies would get harder

lol, i know this is probably impossible due to sr2010's realism, and also due to the fact that its not what sr2010 was built for

but i think it would be cool!...lol, so is this possible
a response from someone who is experianced in map designin/modding would be appreciated

lol thanks again
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

The closest we have is the combination of units in entrenchements and rader/air defense sites.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Empier4552
General

Post by Empier4552 »

it could be done. I mean it was also a big thing with starcraft. Just modify build times to the Air Defense sites, beef up their stats, and beef up certain unit stats and have hrodes of them coming at you? Make a timer and tada
Decimatus
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Decimatus »

C&C Generals had a multiplayer mod going about like this.

Beachhead, enemy lands here and advances north through 1-3 chokepoints depending on the mod version. 5-6 human players allied and holding the choke points against the enemy line.

Quite a tough scenario if you ever played it on the last 2 toughest difficulty settings. Was a lot of fun.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Sounds like it would be cool to have a mission like this. If you get into the mapeditor maybe you'll make one for the community? ;)
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
imnotthatwierd
Captain

Post by imnotthatwierd »

Empier4552 wrote:it could be done. I mean it was also a big thing with starcraft. Just modify build times to the Air Defense sites, beef up their stats, and beef up certain unit stats and have hrodes of them coming at you? Make a timer and tada
so how would one do all this
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Well the GMC file contains the victory date, the stats for the units and buildings are imported by the map editor. We'll try and provide more info soon on createing scenarios and missions, we're just being kept busy on other issues.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Design Scenarios, Grouping Regions, Creating Missions”