Repair Rates

Talk and Learn about the military aspects of the game.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

SGTscuba
General

Repair Rates

Post by SGTscuba »

Quick question. How come my cheaper maint planes repair slower then my more expensive tanks when i give them the order to repair in bases. I use small bases and airbases for these repairs. I found it might take a month to repair a half damaged harrier squadron whilst it will only take a couple of days to fully repair a half damaged challenger 3 or leopard 1a4 and they cost roughly the same in maintence. could anyone tell me why my planes repair slower, much slower.
Legend
General
Human: Yes

Post by Legend »

Just a quick guess at the moment... but have you compared their build times? Repair rates are tied to build times and I think has little to do with maintenance.

If you don't match it to this, repost and someone can look into it.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Reppairs always been just a tad bit odd.

It game ,it works as replacement rather than what id consider reppair.
So if the strength of an air unit goes down one,your not reppairing that one aircraft (as each str point equals one aircraft) , your actually building a whole new one to replace the one which is considered destroyed.

Now where this gets odd, is that you can take damage,but not lose an aircraft.

So, in that case reppair cant really be considered replacing the entire aircraft as is intended.

Its not a very big issue though,and we are still getting off very cheap compared to real world costs.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Virtokaii
Warrant Officer

Post by Virtokaii »

Is it actually faster to repair an aircraft via the "repair" order, rather then send it back to reserves, or just keep it active on an airbase? I never really noticed a difference, then again I never looked too hard...
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Ive found reppair order to be faster.And i think the devs have said it is.
Chuckle TM
Legend
General
Human: Yes

Post by Legend »

I don't recall when we've said it's quicker. George would have to verify this at some point by checking the code. A repair comment does tend to deploy the unit after repaired where a reserved unit will repair and not deploy.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

i wasnt clear, i meant reppair order was faster than leaving it active on base and letting it auto-reppair.

If your going to put in it reserve, and it needs reppairs,is there really any reason not to put it into reppairs instead ?
Chuckle TM

Return to “Military - Defense and Operations Departments”