Transport Ships

Talk and Learn about the military aspects of the game.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Iceman
Sergeant

Post by Iceman »

Hey all,
I was just overviewing your sub/carrier/transport ship spreadsheet and realised you don't have any rapid deployment transport ships.

The TSV Westpac class is currently in service in Australia and being built for the US Marine Corps. They are built to hold aprox. 1000 troops and 100 Hummers. Cruising Speed 35 Knots, Max Speed 45 Knots.

The TSV 125 is currently in development and is designed to carry 1700 troops and 115 Hummers. See above for Speed.

Both are built by Austal ships in Freemantle Western Australia.

Also, why is the Russian Alpha Class SSN not included? It has a massive dive depth (Saftey Margin 900-1000m) that was nearly twice that of most other SSN's. It was able to do this due to its titanium hull. It was not particularly maneuverable though, and thus would have suffered in its ability to face Los Angles Class subs. Very hard to find in the first place though.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

I've made note of these, thanks. Anything missing from the list is usually that we've not done that map yet. When I finish the India/Pakistan map, Russia is my next map. I usually add the stuff as I come across it in a given map. A large amount of russian stuff got in when we did the Middle East and the Balkans.
MrWhite
Warrant Officer

Post by MrWhite »

Yeah need to defintly take into consideration the Littoral water craft the S are potentially buying from Austal...

DDx and CVx as well...

Acronyoum hell!!!!

I says give me SR-71 Interceptors and Bombers!!!!
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

I know this is an old thread but I'm finally getting around to some of the units stuff. Iceman asked about the Russian Alfa Sub but here's what I found;
STATUS
The Alfa design dates from the late 1950s. The first Alfa was initially completed at the Sudomekh shipyard in Leningrad in 1972 and engaged in lengthy trials in the Baltic and Northern Fleet areas. Major problems were encountered and the lead ship was rebuilt at the Sudomekh yard; that unit was broken up about 1974.
Series production was begun in the mid-1970s with the second unit being completed in 1979. The program ended in 1983 with the completion of the sixth unit. Although a much-feared design during its operational life, the Alfas proved too expensive and unreliable to maintain in service. One was retired by the end of 1987; the other four were decommissioned in 1991-1992.

The remaining Alfa underwent a five-year refit and was recommissioned in 1989. New pressurized-water reactors were installed in place of the original lead-bismuth eutectic liquid metal coolant reactors. She was used as a trials submarine for a short time before being retired in 1995.
Unless someone objects, I'll be omitting that one. Depth doesn't really have an affect in the game but would be represented with better defensive statistics. Fictional future subs will have better stats anyway and this one probably wasn't very stealthy.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Military - Defense and Operations Departments”