Very Bad Unit Values

Talk and Learn about the military aspects of the game.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Leonidas
Sergeant

Very Bad Unit Values

Post by Leonidas »

I dont understand why a lot of units have very bad values... that makes the game very unrealistic.

Examples:

In HATs.... The Pah_2 Tiger its the worst of Attack Copters in SR2010... Low values attacks, low defenses etc etc. And all with tech 102...
The Apache 64A... Tech84 have more range, more speed, more attack and defenses.. etc etc O_O

In VCIs... I found Chinas VCIs of tech 60s better than Chinas VCIs of tech 90 :(
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

With thousands of units I'm not surprised that we made mistakes on some such as those chinese units. We will be running some data reports to try and correct this for SR2020 but with so many units we're bound to screw up a couple. These of course can be fixed as soon as they are found so be sure and watch for this sort of stuff when SR2020 goes to beta.

As for the PAH-2 in particular, it was about 4 years ago so I don't remember why we gave it the values we did for attack/defense. If it slower and doesn't go as far, you'd have to take that up with Eurocopter, we just use the stats we find. And often we find different stats on different sites.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Leonidas
Sergeant

Post by Leonidas »

Thanks 4 your reply.

For a Pah2 Tiger, i can understand that the new Longbow have equal or better values than tiger... but the old Apache 64a... its a lot of tech diference.

The units can any value associate to their Posibilite hit???... (Sorry 4 my bad english)

I can say, unit with more tech, it can more posibilitis of hit than older one. And the same to dodge attack from other old units.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Thanks for the info, I'll try and remember this thread when we do the rebalancing. I'd suggest watching for this in the beta in case we miss it. Also, I expect we will do plenty of rebalancing after release as new combinations get discovered.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Leonidas
Sergeant

Post by Leonidas »

Only i Hope i dont have to wait 2 years for the release in Spain. For Sr2010, i waited 2 years :( :( :( after the release in UK/USA this is a lot of time.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Release dates are not something we have much control over. We could have been ready to release in Spain 3-4 months after the original release but no Spanish distributors approached us. (they would have worked with us to do the translation which takes about 2-3 months at minimum).
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
SoB
Brigadier Gen.

Post by SoB »

i think that that the tiger is poor attak choper i do use but onle for amphibas landings (it taks up so few space ) but for me it is not mean give me a mi24, mi28, apachie longbow, rooifalk or eveny a z10 chines rubish
Leonidas
Sergeant

Post by Leonidas »

In the game of course.

But in real you can compare a oldest Mi24 or Apache with Tiger...

Return to “Military - Defense and Operations Departments”