Extra units

Talk and Learn about the military aspects of the game.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Benos
Sergeant

Post by Benos »

A few units that i didnt see in the notebook o the main site and i thaught could fit in well.

Su-32 Russian aircraft equivilant to the F-111 basicly a small strick aircraft with very long range. (even got a toilet in it :smile:)

oh and u mite wanna make the chinese J-11(su-30) a strike plane and the J-10 a fighter to be more accruate

Chinese tanks! Type 99
Type 89
Type 90
all decent tanks and u could add some APCs and stuff

Static/less mobile sams SAMs
S400
S300(SA-10)
S200
SA-3
You could set these up in your cities for defence and have others like the SA-9 for offensive operations

transport planes Il-76 for airbourn devisions with tanks such as the BMD 1/2/3 which are lite tanks wit very little in the way or armour protection and weponry

AN-124 for long houal but i guess uve got these anyway

this is my first post id love to help with some ideas of mine in the future on a regular basis and i have been waiting fr a game like this forever :smile:. your doing an excellent job so far
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Thanks for the units. Sorry for the delay in looking at this but there’s a lot here and I wanted to get all of it.

If you’re interested in seeing what units are in the game, you may wish to download the spreadsheets from the website since the notebooks on the website are likely less than 10% of the total units in the game.

The Su-32 is actually a variant of the Su-34 that is already included. I did find that the Su-32 is actually a naval assault version with ASW capabilities so I will add it as another variant. The J-11 is already in.

I have the Type-90 (We replace “Type-“ with “C-“ in the game) and the Type-99 (C-99 light) but I don’t have anything on a Type-89. Is that the Type-85II? I have dozens of Chinese Infantry battalions

The anti air you mentioned, I’m not familiar with the S400 or S200. I have the SA-10a and SA-10b for Russia and the S300-PMU for China as well as the SA-2 and SA-3.

The IL-76 is in as two versions, the Candid and the Mainstay. The AN-124 is also in.

The BMD-1/2/3 are not tanks, they are anti-tank class and only the BMD-3 is air droppable.

Thanks for the nice words. We would of course appreciate any additional help any of our users can provide.
Slash78
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Slash78 »

BMD-1/2/3 are all airdropable and they are designed to be Infantry Fighting Vehicles.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

You are correct on the air drop, turns out the spreadsheet agreed with you, I remembered it wrong.

As for putting them into the Anti tank class, with only 5 troops, a 100mm or 72mm gun and an AT-3/AT-4/AT-5 missile I think these are more an anti-tank unit then IFV even if the Russians claim otherwise.
Slash78
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Slash78 »

The BMD-1 does have a 73mm gun. It is the same turret as off the BMP-1, mostly used to fire anti-personel rounds. The BMD-2 and 3 have 30mm cannons. With such small crews they arent the most effective infantry vehicles, however how many other armies have airdropable fully mechinized infantry? Not many.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Just because they are anti tank doesn't stop you from air dropping them. The only differences between anti-tank and IFVs are that AT have a lower soft attack (which I believe this unit should have) and have the move&fire penalty. Once they are air dropped in you probably what a good defensive stance anyway. Dropping one airborne with them should do the soft attack much better anyway.
Benos
Sergeant

Post by Benos »

The Su-32 is the name of the current fighter bomber (not carrier capable) it was designed to replace the Su-24. it remembered for its platapus nose and canhards.

http://www.maks.ru/expo/412/prod_208.htm

i hope u havent missed it :smile:

umm the chinese newest tank the T-98 G

http://www.network54.com/Hide/Forum/thr ... 1079413880

but its bloody hard to find info on

umm the S-200 is a high altitude SAM Nato Codename Sa-5
the S-400 is a new SAM in the S-300 configoration

a good site for a complete list of russian sam information is at

http://www.aeronautics.ru/samru.htm

yeah i found the spreadsheets of unit data and wow you sure have allot of stuff :smile: congradulation to you all :smile:.

have you got the latest version of these spreadsheets? would you be able to email them to me so i can se if there is anything u missed? i have wrote a list with these ones but im reluctant to comment more because they coould have been updated since.

thanx
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I have not included a SU-32. When I search for it, other than the link you sent, everything else either points to the SU-32FN or says it is a combat trainer. I think there are enough SU/Mig units in to cover all needs. I'll try and update the spreadsheets this week cause I need to look at the website anyway.

As for the Type 98G, no I had not found info for it. We already have the Type 98 and a number of future Chinese tanks, so again not sure it's needed

I have the SA-5 but when I did the china map found no mention of the S400. Again, if you have info, please share.
MrWhite
Warrant Officer

Post by MrWhite »

A unit request

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/ ... /ultra.htm

The Pelican Ultra Heavy Transport, It could leave the drawing boards by or before 2010 and enter into production.

With a Payload of upto 1400 Tons it could deploy medium armour via Air quite easily.
Slash78
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Slash78 »

I've always had a weakness for airships personally.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/ ... ft/ula.htm
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I'll keep the info on both of these. The ground effect units (WIG) where previously discounted since only Russia had fielded any with mixed success.
Slash78
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Slash78 »

I have tried to find out something out on the Type 98G, but not much success yet. One reference on globalsecurity.org saying some where stationed int he Beijing military region and other for a miniture battles wargame. If I read the second's stats right then it is an up armored version (or would that be up armoured?) of the Type 98.

By Type 89 I think he is refering to the 120mm tank destroyer.

Type 80=Type 88
Type 96=Type 88C (which is an upgrated Type 85-III)

Oh and some people refer to the Type 98G as the Type 99, however I doubt they are correct as the Type 99 is an amphibious tank, which is also known as the Type 63A.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Slash78 on 2004-03-16 12:17 ]</font>
MrWhite
Warrant Officer

Post by MrWhite »

While true it does use Ground effects it only uses it for efficency for long Coast to Coast travel it has teh capability of altitude flying and at a decent range when you consider such a large payload.
Benos
Sergeant

Post by Benos »

I think its important to have the Su-32 the Su-33 is also important. mabye you could replace the one of the Su-34 upgrade.

also the chinese Q-5 Fantan is a ground attack fighter not an interceptor.

the BDRM-2 for recce has also been left out (yeah i know its in the anti tanks section)

umm about the Sa-5 and S400 umm
dont worry bout the s400 is basicly the same as s300 (btw s300 is the russian designation for the sa-10 family)

that ll be bout it for now just ask if u want any more resourse pages and ill send em
thx once again
Benos
Sergeant

Post by Benos »

year i agree your chinese tanks are adiquate

Return to “Military - Defense and Operations Departments”