Built under Licence

Talk and Learn about the military aspects of the game.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

ilkhan
Warrant Officer

Post by ilkhan »

I understand that military units are buildable based on there availibility in the region. But what if I am Iraq and I want to build A-10's is this possable? Iraq used to build its own T-72's under licence with the old USSR T-72s would be russian tech not world, right?

What I am getting at is, will you be able to 'build', not buy, Foriegn tech. Perhaps thourgh Diplomatic negotiations? Say for example I am Iraq I have a tech level of 1985. I want to make a deal with Sweden to get the design for there old Viggen multi-role fighter. I give Sweden 500,000 barrels of oil and a very favarable trade agreement in exchange for the plans and perhaps some technical advisers. Now I am able to build a vehicle I should not be able to build.

The problem with buying is. What if I make some of my trading partners "nervous" do to some of my exuberant "Military Adventurism". I may not be able to buy any more of my much loved A-10s or T-84s (US and russian tech) but If I buy the rights to them.....
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

This is sort of possible. I'll use your example with some adjustments. If you're Iraq and have actually started "playing nice" with Israel and can get that player to sell you the unit design for the Merkava, you can then build the Merkava. If you want to buy the Viggen design, due to the fact that Sweden is not another player in the scenario, you have to deal with the world market. You can request unit designs and they might send you offers of something interesting, but it is hit or miss here. It is assumed other areas of the world are busy trying to deal with their local issues so it's a little difficult to get direct lines of communication.
ilkhan
Warrant Officer

Post by ilkhan »

Thanks for the responce. That will work nicely. So it is posable to get things we shouldn't be able to, thats good.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Yes, but we will of course weight these according to their strenght.

So if the WM actually offers you the design for a stealth fighter plane, even if it requires triple mortgaging the country, I'd find a way to meet the offer. It's not likely to come up twice. :wink:

Return to “Military - Defense and Operations Departments”