Satellites

Talk and Learn about the military aspects of the game.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

shaolt2002
Sergeant

Satellites

Post by shaolt2002 »

I don't know if they are "military" or "social" so I'll just assume issues about them go here since they pop up in the "military facilities" panel thing while research facilities do not...

I have 100% communication, reconnaissance, and great missile defense.... If I scrap/destroy my orbital launch facility, will I lose all that coverage or will I keep it? I am playing on the world map and saving 130,000M a year would be sweet... I am pretty sure this question must be addressed somewhere but it would take effort finding it.

You know how things go. I don't mind spending two hours trying to fix 30% unemployment but am too lazy to spend three minutes finding where this issue is addressed.
"Solutions are not the answer." Nixon
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

IIRC there is no problem deactivating or scrapping the facility, you just won't be able to see the details on your sats.

Save, try it out, let us know ;) Been too long since I played around with sats...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
red
General

Re: Satellites

Post by red »

shaolt2002 wrote:130,000M a year
$130bn? That's hugely more expensive than NASA, and its unmodelled Shuttle program soaking up much of its budget...
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

U keep the sat coverage after a launch pad is scrapped or destroyed.
In war destroy everything even the livestock.
shaolt2002
Sergeant

Sats

Post by shaolt2002 »

Well on the Build Sats screen it said the annual cost was 130,000M.... I too agree that is a lot of money. Its good to know that I can get rid of that expense. Cutting corners - the Republican way!
"Solutions are not the answer." Nixon

Return to “Military - Defense and Operations Departments”