Iron bombs

Talk and Learn about the military aspects of the game.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Squigbunny
Captain

Iron bombs

Post by Squigbunny »

When I was imposing my imperialistic might over Africa I used the Kite ACF fighter/bomber loaded with iron bombs. They made dozens of sorties with the launch authority on and hardly ever dropped their bombs (except when they were shot out of the sky :cry: ). I even gave the order to fire missiles which my disrespectful pilots chose to ignore. On the couple of occasions that bombs were dropped they did no damage anyway!!!!!!!

Can anyone tell me why this occured and if there was any point building iron bombs? (for want of a "proper" missile [and for which I had researched some quality theory - although no design was available - Balthagor help........! :lol: ])
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

As mentioned in my AAR, missile launching has been improved for update 5 so some of this may be resolved. It is likely the missiles are being intercepted and they are difficult to use since they can only hit something in the same hex they are in (range 1).

I don't see the freefall bombs as particularly useful, they were just added as an option for the player.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Personally, id like the missiles shot down to have "no" or a "different" (even if just a different color)explosion effect for feedback reasons.

I know its a bit unrealistic,but i also dont think theres enough feedback for us to know if the missile actually hit something or was shotdown, as it is now.

OORRRR you could give us a seperate pop-up window for each missile (cruise style) that shows us a view of what it sees :P

Ya know, like watching the news shows on tv :P

Think my pc can handle the 100K + pop-up windows for one of my large strikes ??? :P
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Victarus
Lieutenant

Post by Victarus »

tkobo wrote:Think my pc can handle the 100K + pop-up windows for one of my large strikes ??? :P
The PC maybe, but I'm pretty sure I'd go berserk at about 50. :D
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

tkobo wrote:I know its a bit unrealistic,but i also dont think theres enough feedback for us ...
more feedback is certainly one of the areas we hope to address in future game engines. That would probably be the area we'd give ourselves a low score as it was simply overlooked during the development.

I'll make note of "lost missiles" as another area for feedback and we'll see what we can do...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Eric Larsen
Colonel

Freefall Bombs not worth it

Post by Eric Larsen »

Squigbunny wrote:When I was imposing my imperialistic might over Africa I used the Kite ACF fighter/bomber loaded with iron bombs. They made dozens of sorties with the launch authority on and hardly ever dropped their bombs (except when they were shot out of the sky :cry: ). I even gave the order to fire missiles which my disrespectful pilots chose to ignore. On the couple of occasions that bombs were dropped they did no damage anyway!!!!!!!
Squigbunny,
Freefall bombs are worthless so don't even bother with them. You'll note their range is 1km, so you have to have planes directly on top of the unit you want to freefall bomb before you can target them with the planes "in range". You'll see the AI's build loads of freefall bombs and really not drop them either. Build the good missiles and you'll be glad you spent the time and money to do that or just let the planes do their own thing with their internal weapons.
Thanks,

Eric Larsen
Khorne
Major

Post by Khorne »

Free fall bombs are great for terror tactics if your fighting the general population aswell as the army.
Go Home and Die

Return to “Military - Defense and Operations Departments”