Recon Aircraft focus

Talk and Learn about the military aspects of the game.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

tonystowe
Colonel

Recon Aircraft focus

Post by tonystowe »

Would the game benefit from an option to having the player tell his intel aircraft to look for a specific equipment or activity while on its patrol.

Example: I have an E-2C patrolling the border of Honduras and I want it to send me an intel message when it observes activity within "X" number of hex distance of the border, observes MLRS or missile related units within "X" hex distance from border, observes movement of large quantities of enemy combat elements moving towards the border.

My example would allow the player some confidence in that while giving his attention to fighting in Africa he will be notified to enemy troop concentrations or movement within the specified area. This intel piece would also buy time towards diplomacy or to counter the threat.

Earlier in the week I was using 1x E-2C to patrol the Honduran border. As it moved along its path I would select a city and review each troop type located in the cities. This time consuming task caused me to lose track of Nicuruagua (spelling?) and without any provocation Nicuruagua attacked me.

The problem I am facing is that I did not have any Indicators or warnings that Nicuruagua was intending to invade. Even my troops stationed on the border was relunctant to report that large troop movements were heading for my border.

Tony
BigStone
General

Re: Recon Aircraft focus

Post by BigStone »

tonystowe wrote: The problem I am facing is that I did not have any Indicators or warnings that Nicuruagua was intending to invade.
Take now and then a look at your -relations /Causus Belli- tab
in the State Department screen...
NO MORE NOISY FISH [unless they are green & furiously]
I HAVE STILL A FISH IN MY EAR
tonystowe
Colonel

Post by tonystowe »

Thanks Bigstone.

Return to “Military - Defense and Operations Departments”