Automated Invasions?

Talk and Learn about the military aspects of the game.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

cgmclemore
Private

Automated Invasions?

Post by cgmclemore »

When Declaring war or preparing for war, can you set this where your generals will automatically make preparations, begin moving troops, etc. or do you have to manually place them yourselves? Same question regarding troops moving into proper transports, etc. It seems very laborious as well as unrealistic to have the "President" planning each troop movement and/or detail of an invasion. Thanks.
Fitch
Corporal

Post by Fitch »

Usually when I DoW someone...I immediatly send my Big Bombers to a specific Target..usually the closest Enemy Unit to the Front..and the rest of my Border units move into the new enemies country on their own...
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

It is something you have to do manually at the moment. The AI will run the war for you but there is currenlty no way to give it advance notice of your intentions. We are looking at ways to improve this.

As for transporting, I think our system is extremely slick. Select the unit, right click destination, chose transport and off it goes. check the sticky at the top of the thread for more details.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Chaim
Major

Post by Chaim »

DO NOT LET AI MAKE THE INVASION FOR YOU.

The AI wont use supply trucks and send all your troops to death, wanna invade, do it by yourself.
CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

I never even let the AI move my troops never mine fight a war with them :o

***k that... I'd rather not lose 200+ British Battlions in my Invasion of France... when I can win with only 1-10 losses :P
Supporting Nuclear Power in the UK.

Just because the Japanese happened to build one near multiple fault lines doesn't make them any more dangerous than they were before the Earthquake.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Setting AI at ~ 20-40% and controlling some of the line as they advance can be very useful at times, you just need to be aware of when the AI is making tactical mistakes and work to reinforce the attacks...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Chaim
Major

Post by Chaim »

When we get more options for advanced movement we aint gonna need ai to move our troops anymore, the only thing that i miss is the (loss tolerance button).
Blaivas
Corporal

Post by Blaivas »

CptBritish wrote:I never even let the AI move my troops never mine fight a war with them :o

***k that... I'd rather not lose 200+ British Battlions in my Invasion of France... when I can win with only 1-10 losses :P
Me too. I just make 0 initiative, but this don't help. Simply must manualy lock all the units ;(
Be patient...
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

So far everyone who has reported units moving on their own did not have unit initiative set to zero. Are you sure you set the slider in the first panel of Operations to the far left?

If you have a savegame of units moving with initiative set to 0, please send it over. So far no one has been able to prove this one to me.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
hawk55732
Warrant Officer

Post by hawk55732 »

I hate to say it but i had the same problem with the units moving with inititive to 0 as well.
haenkie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by haenkie »

The only time I have seen a unit move with inititative set at 0 is when they

a: were threatened themselves
b: the hex was taken over by the other side (supply trucks, AA, arty untis)
c: planes firing when an enemy plane came in range. But they didnt move away from the field!

If you have seen units move around other then these self preservating cicrumstances then do what Cpt British said. the devs would be very interested.

little addendum: If the order was given by your AI BEFORE you set the slider at 0. Then the unit first carries out the order ( i thnk).
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

hawk55732 wrote:I hate to say it but i had the same problem with the units moving with inititive to 0 as well.
I'm still waiting for a savegame on this... got one?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
hawk55732
Warrant Officer

Post by hawk55732 »

Nope, because it was right at the begining of the game and i had to quit right away because somethings came up.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

If you haven't played since then you're autosave might have it... ???
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

There is a way to make invasions automatic. Course not sure if it could be put into the game. I am kinda stealing this idea from another game but when u plan an invasion u could tell the units on what day and what time they will move and where to move to and if they don't run into any enemy unit u could set it to were they could move several times after they get from point a to b then from b to c and so on. U could have it where u could change their directions in order to deal with rising threats. Its a little micormanagement but if u plan right u could through a war and never have to watch how its going. Real life military plans this way if i'm right. They have a certain place to be at a certain time and when they get there then they get orders to move to another place if its wasn't already planned.

As for inititative i have mine always set on 0. I prefer to move my units myself.
In war destroy everything even the livestock.

Return to “Military - Defense and Operations Departments”