Unit strength vs. combat stats

Talk and Learn about the military aspects of the game.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Journier
Captain

Post by Journier »

wow this was an extremely useful thread on this forum! really tells you how to figure out what unit is the most useful.
Turbo
Corporal

Post by Turbo »

George Geczy wrote:... equipment with a higher initiative value will 'reload' faster, meaning possibly getting in more shots in a given time period.
-- George.
Do you mean that initiative affects reloading supplies from trucks or just being able to shoot more times per hour? and if so, how much?
And talking about supplies, my guess is this:
- A unit that has supplies in its cargo hole can deliver a fixed percentage per hour of what it has left. Is that correct?
Thanks
Jan
Captain

Post by Jan »

George Geczy wrote:(...) equipment with a higher initiative value will 'reload' faster, meaning possibly getting in more shots in a given time period. (...)
-- George.
is the initiative value also relative? for exemple, a unit with an initiative of 6 will fire twice more in a given time period than a unit with an initiative value of 3?

as a side question, will a unit with an higher initiative than it's opponment shoot first?

cheers,

Jan
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Jan wrote:is the initiative value also relative? for exemple, a unit with an initiative of 6 will fire twice more in a given time period than a unit with an initiative value of 3?
IIRC this is not the case, there is a curved effect applied. Also, I'm fairly certain there is a hardcoded modifier per class so initiative 6 for a sub and 6 for a tank ar different.
Jan wrote:as a side question, will a unit with an higher initiative than it's opponment shoot first?
yes, fairly sure that is how it works.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Jan
Captain

Post by Jan »

thanks for answering, it's very informative ;)

Balthagor wrote:
Jan wrote:is the initiative value also relative? for exemple, a unit with an initiative of 6 will fire twice more in a given time period than a unit with an initiative value of 3?
IIRC this is not the case, there is a curved effect applied. Also, I'm fairly certain there is a hardcoded modifier per class so initiative 6 for a sub and 6 for a tank ar different.

(...)
so it would mean that initiative value is only truly relative for a same class of vehicle, correct?

cheers,

Jan
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Jan wrote:...so it would mean that initiative value is only truly relative for a same class of vehicle, correct?
As far as I recall, yes.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Military - Defense and Operations Departments”