Engineers

Talk and Learn about the military aspects of the game.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

pettybureaucrat
Corporal

Engineers

Post by pettybureaucrat »

This is my first post on the forum.

I've done some checking (and quite possibly have missed a previous post) but while it's clear engineers speed up building construction do they also speed up road/rail construction?

I've tried in several scenarios and sometimes it seems like they help and other times not, except bridges.

Can anyone give me a definite yes/no?

I'm enjoying the game even though I'm not very good at it yet--keep going broke. :cry:
CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

Don't worry about going broke all the time lol

I think i'd played the France (On the Demo) scenario 14 times before I won it :D it just takes time...

But yea I would also like to know if engineers help road/rail construction...
Supporting Nuclear Power in the UK.

Just because the Japanese happened to build one near multiple fault lines doesn't make them any more dangerous than they were before the Earthquake.
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

well they help build everything else so its possible. Not tried this but could. Some thing else i haven't tried. :lol: I thought i was done trying new stuff out for the game.
In war destroy everything even the livestock.
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

I checked the code, and yes, engineers DO speed up construction of transport elements (roads, rails).

-- George.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Do engineers affect the final cost of a facility to be built ?

For instance. You give the build order for a military goods plant.You are told how long it will take and how much it will cost.

The cost is two fold:
1) the foundation which is a onetine upfront cost
2) the construction cost which is a total cost -that gets broken down per day as the facility builds and you pay for it.

So-If an engineer makes it take less days, does it cost less ?
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

no, the rate of use of materials and the per day cost to build are adjusted to match the new construction rate.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Sebastiaan
Colonel

Post by Sebastiaan »

I found engeneers realy helpfull durring the construction of my economy. especialy when upgrading a building, engeneers will limit the building downtime and therefore limit shortage losses.

The only question which is remain is, how does the number of eneneers modify the construction times. Would it make sense to send a full stack of units to a single construction site to lower building-upgrading time, is there a maximum engeneers bonis cap or are there dominishing returned when uning multiple engeneers=
Chaim
Major

Post by Chaim »

Engineers wont helped me to build my launch pad :cry:
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Engineers will decrease the time required to build any facility. The more engineers, the greater the bonus.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
szabfer
Captain

Post by szabfer »

Hmmm... it is really strange, but it seems that enginers do not help for me as well. I tried to upgrade a facility (a power plant, if I remember well) with and without engineers... there was no difference in the remaining days (estimated) of the upgrade. I had 6 engineers on the location and gave the command "construction" for them.

Do I miss something? Are the engineers calculated in the remainig days displayed? Is there any cap on the construction speed (so maybe the speed was at it's maximum, so the enginers couldn't speed it up)?
Should it help if I would use more and more enginers on the same construction work?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I don't think the engineers are counted in the estimated days since the program does not know if you'll send them on a new mission the next day. I'll have to ask George whether they are included or not...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
BigStone
General

Post by BigStone »

szabfer wrote: I had 6 engineers on the location and gave the command "construction" for them.
The problem is when you select a group engineers and give the order -
construction- the will first -Move - to the constuction place.
So could you check if your engineers are still in the -Move- mode at the
construction place.... :-?

Cheers
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

should make no difference, the order is not even necessary. If you move them to the location with no other order they will assist with construction without being told to. The order is their both as a reminder and for clarity.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Chaim
Major

Post by Chaim »

Engineers fight well, so they are multi use, anyway if the devs create and airdropable engineer would be great for airborne operation, like Suez channel battle when airborne were dropped in the airport and airdroped engineers put the airport online and reinforces arrived by plane.
szabfer
Captain

Post by szabfer »

Ok, I will doublecheck the construction time by building two facilities of the same type - one with enginers and another without them and will wait until both finished. So I can really measure the difference...

Return to “Military - Defense and Operations Departments”