Missle launch.

Talk and Learn about the military aspects of the game.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

BG
Warrant Officer

Missle launch.

Post by BG »

Here is the question.
I load my missles to a bomber unit.Then right click on the target either facility or unit to fire.It will not do it by means of flying close enought to the enemy(as far as range of missles concerns me).So i manually send the plane close to target and then do the same(maybe the plane AI cant flight by itself to a range good enought to send its cargo).Anyways when the plane returns to airfiled it still has some of the load.
So how do i make the bomber unit to launch all its load against the target i choose?
It seems also that targets like military bases of any kind(sea land air)cant be destroyed by conventional missles?Is that so?I am using loads that have 199 capacity vice buildings and still nothing.Am i doing something wrong?
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

No, your not doing anything wrong.
Currently you cant get an aircraft to stay on station and fire all its missiles at a target.

The devs are aware of this and its on thier list of things to look at for a fix.

If your willing to micromanage the aircraft, do what i do.

Give the order to fire at the target while paused,before you unpause area grab the aircraft,than unpause.

The aircraft will fire off a volley of missiles and head for "home".

Now you have them selected so issue a move order to get them back where you want them to fire from.
Pause game.
Repeat as needed.

Every building in the game can be destroyed. You need to pick the right missiles for the job however to get it done fast and efficiently.Missiles have like 4 attack values, you want to pick the ones with a high fortification attack value.
199 to 299 is a good missile attack vaule for fortifications.

If you give the missiles a good look over, you will notice thier are also 4 different "skins" for missiles. Each "skin" represents a different attack purpose for the missile- ie what the missile is most effective agaisnt.

I "think" blue and white is for fortification attack.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM

Return to “Military - Defense and Operations Departments”