Air unit designation.

Talk and Learn about the military aspects of the game.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Shutzen
Warrant Officer

Post by Shutzen »

First of all, great update. I especially liked the latest report on the Michigan scenario. One question though... I saw on the air unit spreadsheet a box for the number of aircraft per "battalion". It was also in the update about the Ohio player getting a battalion of F117s. I think "battalion" is traditionally used for ground units while groups of aircraft usually fall under Squadrons or Wings. Sorry if this was already covered- I looked but did not find a post about it. If there isn't a programming problem, it might add a little to the game to simply change the designation for air units from Battalion to squadron or wing depending on size (you'll have to ask the board's Air Force gurus about which one better represents the game's scale). Just a thought.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Actually, it's a squadron. I realize that battalion is not the correct designation but we're trying to use a "standardized" term as much as possible to avoid confusion. The term is likely to only appear in the manual though since the scale is supposed to changed for the world map so that one "unit" on the map moves up one size to regiments and groups. Air forces are sized as flight - squadron - group - wing. Anyone let me know if we're wrong on this...
Shutzen
Warrant Officer

Post by Shutzen »

Cool, thanks.

Return to “Military - Defense and Operations Departments”