More Units for Possible Inclusion

Talk and Learn about the military aspects of the game.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

madflava13
Sergeant

Post by madflava13 »

Sorry about any that are already in...
The Virginia Class NSSN subs: http://www.naval-technology.com/projects/nssn/

Ohio class SSGN/Seal Delivery conversion: http://www.chinfo.navy.mil/navpalib/fac ... -ssgn.html

Oliver Hazard Perry class FFG (used by US, Australia, Spain and some others): http://www.chinfo.navy.mil/navpalib/fac ... p-ffg.html

AC-130 Gunship - easy to shoot down but devastating to troops in the open: http://www.af.mil/factsheets/factsheet.asp?fsID=71

Also, perhaps tanker aircraft can be researched/bought, but instead of having them as units, have them be a modifier on the other aircraft's endurance...

Just my two cents.
EDIT: To fix links

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: madflava13 on 2003-11-03 14:07 ]</font>
LORD_BUNGLA
Lieutenant

Post by LORD_BUNGLA »

thinking about ships, i've read in lots of places around the web that the US navy are testing rail guns for their ships. Very cool
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Virginia NSSN; In the list, but entry not complete yet
Ohio SSGN; In the list, but entry not complete yet
Oliver Hazard Perry; In the list, to be balance during beta
AC-130 Sceptre; In the list, to be balance during bet

Tanker aircraft are already programmed as units, no point in changing it now.

If you have any specific data on the two subs, feel free to e-mail it too me directly. Thanks for your 2 cents :wink:

BTW, I've got rail guns as part of the future tech in the tech tree. I'll see what I can do to have some future boats use them as naval guns.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Pedinski
Corporal

Post by Pedinski »

I am not sure where you get your resorses for military units, but might I suggest the "Jane's" editions. They are highly respected in the military community as being extremly well informed and highly accurate. I noticed on your website that Europe, "Western" and Russia was covered VERY well, but china/Japan/India and others were (almost) completly left out.

If you are already using "Jane's" edition text, then I salute you and look forward even more to a great gaming experience
Shutzen
Warrant Officer

Post by Shutzen »

Just a quick note- I saw it on your unit spreadsheets and thought it might be a typo- the AC-130 "Sceptre" is actually "Spectre". Don't mean to be anal, I just wanted to point it out before anything gets printed.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Thanks, I made the change on our equipment list, I'll update the website before the next upload.
Hellfish6
Lt. Colonel

Post by Hellfish6 »

Looks like South Korea is on a naval spree:
November 19, 2003: The South Korean navy has launched the third of it's three KDX II destroyers. The 4500 ship is a slightly larger version of the earlier three KDX I destroyers. The KDX I's, which were built in the late 1990s (the last one entered service in 1999) were 3,900 tons, 444 feet long and with a top speed of 54 kilometers an hour. Weapons and electronics are largely American. There are eight Harpoon anti-ship missiles, 16 Seasparrow anti-aircraft missiles, one five inch gun, two 30mm close range automatic cannon and six 12.75 inch torpedoes. The crew is 286 sailors. The three KDX II ships are 4400 tons and 495 feet long. But they will have more automation, a smaller crew (200 sailors) and different weapons (32 vertical launch tubes, plus eight Harpoons, for example.) The first KDX II will enter service next year. But already, work has begun on the 7,000 ton KDX III, which will be even more similar to U.S. destroyers. These ships won't be entering service until 2010. South Korea has several decades of experience building commercial ships, and this program perfects their warship construction skills. In addition to the KDX (Korean Destroyer Experimental) program, two 14,000 amphibious assault ships are being built. Each of these will carry 700 troops, ten helicopters, ten armored vehicles and two landing boats. North Korea's navy is based on the old Soviet model, with lots of small, fast, short range missile boats. The South Korean navy is built more on the U.S. model, and is expected to use superior technology to defeat the superior North Korean numbers.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Thanks, I already have them in the list and on the map. I actually gave South Korea 3 KDX III ships as well since they should be complete by then.

Return to “Military - Defense and Operations Departments”