all Men armies vs co-ed armies

Talk and Learn about the military aspects of the game.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

LORD_BUNGLA
Lieutenant

Post by LORD_BUNGLA »

What is the difference between an all male army and a co-ed army.
Empier4552
General

Post by Empier4552 »

Eh, the women could use their bodies as weapons to in the co-ed one? -.-

But no on a serious side, I doubt there would be much difference. Hell World War II Russia used I hundreds of women as snipers and they were spectacular.

Even the US has got a co-ed army in a sense not the most advanced in terms of equality but still one(A la Private Lynch and that other Girl being captured, although not in full infantry roles they were put in combat zones and given weapons to fight with and did...).

I'd see no real

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Empier4552 on 2003-10-27 06:15 ]</font>
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

The only real difference is the rate of conscription/volunteer sign up. If you are running a Co-ed army, you will get more people per day joining the army. I don't remember what the down side is though...

I'll need David or George to answer that.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
BattleGoat
General

Post by BattleGoat »

Remember -- when we refer to coed, we just mean coed in Combat Roles. We generally assume that all support positions in modern armies would be coed.

Coed Armies will be for the most part, based on a cultural decision of the region you are playing as... For example, in Muslim countries the default will be non-coed, and you could suffer quite a huge hit to military and domestic approval if you made it coed just to get some extra reserves.

I don't mean to limit this just to Muslim regions though... There are other countries around the world, Muslim or not, that limit women's roles in the military to non-combat positions and we will try and reflect the culture of that in the scenarios.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Shouldnt a Co-ED army have a higher morale ? P

And a lower "special" desease acguire rate ? P
Ashbery76
Major

Post by Ashbery76 »

Are you trying to say that in frontline combat, females are equal to men?,i laugh at that suggestion.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ashbery76 on 2003-10-27 15:04 ]</font>
BattleGoat
General

Post by BattleGoat »

To Ash... Sorry can't get involved in that argument. I'd rather take on a biker than my wife :grin:

Return to “Military - Defense and Operations Departments”