Missiles

Talk and Learn about the military aspects of the game.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

yorkie
Corporal

Missiles

Post by yorkie »

OK folks - it's my turn to ask a stupid question.

I'm having trouble manually loading missiles onto ships/planes. How is that done ?

Also, my missile construction is building 4 missiles. My construction queue has 8 entries in it, but there only ever seems to be 4 building at a time. The panel says I'm building 4 of 18. What gives ???
Yorkie
Lord Khazad
Sergeant

Post by Lord Khazad »

to load missiles manually, double click on the unit you wish to have the missiles, and almost to the top left, there should be a icon with a missile on it, and if you hold your mouse still over it, it shoudl read "Missile Payload". click on that, and the rest should be self-explanitory.
Glory Glory Man Utd
deanco
Major

Post by deanco »

Hi,

I have just now started building and loading missiles 'by hand' and I think I have run into a couple issues. In the missle popup, I click a missile I have built, and get the list of deployed platforms. I click a unit, and 2 buttons appear, 'load one' and 'load all'. 'Load one' works OK, but when I click 'load all', the game loads a random number of missiles, usually around 4, but I've seen as few as 2 and as many as 7. I have to click several times :( to fill up a platform. Anyone else seen this?

For your second question, yorkie, your number is split up between all the different platform types. So if your build capacity is 6, and you are building for air and land based, you may be building 3 missiles for air and 3 for land. Take a look. However, I think that is bugged as well, in my current game, I can build 6, and air is building 3 and land 2 sometimes. It's not retooling, it's just under capacity for some arcane reason.

(edit) Ah, I forgot, issue #3. I'm building missiles that, according to the icon, should be used against fortifications. I load a platform up with *only* that type of missile, and right click on a unit in a city. But my only option is 'attack unit'. If these are bunker busters, I should have a 'bomb hex' or 'attack facility' option, no? (/edit)

DeanCo--
Xetal
Lieutenant

Post by Xetal »

[quote]In the missle popup, I click a missile I have built, and get the list of deployed platforms. I click a unit, and 2 buttons appear, 'load one' and 'load all'. 'Load one' works OK, but when I click 'load all', the game loads a random number of missiles, usually around 4, but I've seen as few as 2 and as many as 7. I have to click several times :( to fill up a platform. Anyone else seen this?[/quote]

I have also had this problem. It only seems to happen when you are loading from a unit (and not selecting a group of missiles in your missile screen and selecting 'deploy all missiles from this group'. Not really sure why it happens, but it happens pretty consisitantly when you try to manually load missiles into a single unit.

As far as maximum missile production goes, I -believe- that it splits up unit and missile producting giving you a current/max number for each (how much you are currently producing and how much you can possibly produce)... so you missiles should be producing at their maximum possible rate as long as you have ones in the queue to replace those being built. Make sure you give it a day for them to move from the queue to the build list, as they only make that move at day-change.
yorkie
Corporal

Post by yorkie »

Thanks for the advice - I'll try them....

As for the build capacity for missiles, I'm showing 6 of 18. However, I only have 4 in production and 8 in the construction queue. Some of those in the construction queue are not even making it to the production list. I know because I've checked every day for a week.
Yorkie
deanco
Major

Post by deanco »

yorkie wrote:As for the build capacity for missiles, I'm showing 6 of 18. However, I only have 4 in production and 8 in the construction queue. Some of those in the construction queue are not even making it to the production list. I know because I've checked every day for a week.
Well, there goes that theory, shot down in flames. :) Devs?

DeanCo--
3iff
Brigadier Gen.

Post by 3iff »

You might try switching missile autobuild off and totally clearing the queues then restart building/autobuilding and see what happens...

I've not seen this thing in my games...
haenkie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by haenkie »

I have, aslo with unit building

It is because every units is buidl at the same base. Every base only has a number of slot to build.

So the rest is waiting in que, while you still have over 100 free palces, it waits sigh ( ihave seen it with units only, but i never build many missiles in one go).

MAybe i should have the whole thread more, but i think this is it.
konan
Lieutenant

Post by konan »

:cry:

Sorry but i have a different problem with missiles.

I reserach missile i want ........... ok
I build missile i want ................. ok
I load a flight sqad of missiles ... ok
I give order lanch missle .......... wing don't move!? :x

This happens not always, only sometimes !!!

- Did someone happened same?
- Did i forget something? ... wing readyness is ok, fuel is ok , all ..... i hope.... is ok !!
SO WHY THEY DON'T TAKE OFF AND LUNCH THAT ****'N MISSILES??? :evil:

Help and advices are wellcome :-)
konan
Viperace
Lieutenant

Post by Viperace »

I have another problem with missle. I ve build a missle that no platform can launch :o ! Is that even possible ? It is the "TIEN MA" surface to surface missle, I got a lot of destroyer ,frigate, patrol boat but none of them can load it. The missle weighs 1.5T , size = 6 , that should be able to fit in most of my ship , but none of them will take it.

I got no idea which ship can load it then ? Which research to pursue? sigh :evil:
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

was it built for ships or arty? if its arty then a missle truck should take it as for ship i have no clue.

Bergsjaeger= mountain hunter
Viperace
Lieutenant

Post by Viperace »

bergsjaeger
TIEN MA is meant to carry by ship and sub. I can notice that when in the missle pop up menu. The problem is none of my ship/sub can carry it.
konan wrote::cry:

Sorry but i have a different problem with missiles.

I reserach missile i want ........... ok
I build missile i want ................. ok
I load a flight sqad of missiles ... ok
I give order lanch missle .......... wing don't move!? :x

This happens not always, only sometimes !!!

- Did someone happened same?
- Did i forget something? ... wing readyness is ok, fuel is ok , all ..... i hope.... is ok !!
SO WHY THEY DON'T TAKE OFF AND LUNCH THAT ****'N MISSILES??? :evil:

Help and advices are wellcome :-)
Did u order ur missle to fire at a legitimate target ? For example if u order a tomahawk (surface to surface missle) to shoot at enemy fighter , it wont fire up :o
yorkie
Corporal

Post by yorkie »

I tried the suggestion for loading missiles, but I did not see any icons at the top left of the unit panel. The only icon was for the unit.....

Am I missing something ?
Yorkie
BattleGoat
General
Human: Yes

Post by BattleGoat »

One of the problems might be that you're ordering missiles to fire at targets out of their range. Essentially then nothing happens (there may even be a bug that those missiles won't then fire at a target in range, because they still have the order to fire at the first target. I think that George fixed that bug before release but am not 100% sure. If that bug is there, you have to unload the missiles to fix it.)
- David

Return to “Military - Defense and Operations Departments”