Problem with Supply in newly conquered land

Talk and Learn about the military aspects of the game.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Viperace
Lieutenant

Problem with Supply in newly conquered land

Post by Viperace »

Playing the indo-malayan scenario as Malaysia. I eliminated Aceh (that large island being hit by tsunami). Now that whole island is rich with some cities, factory etc but NO SUPPLY !!

The supply in that whole island is zero, i waited for weeks and it doesn't build up at all. No mil base in the island, only one sea pier, i cant build anything on it since it has no supply.

My economy is going to run ruin pretty soon if the supply doesn't come back online soon .Building engineer took 36 days, i don't have any of those . HELP~
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

is the pier active? If it isn't then that's ur problem.

Bergsjaeger= mountain hunter
Viperace
Lieutenant

Post by Viperace »

Well, i hope that is the main cause , haven't really check on that. I guess it is activated because units are loading/unloading at the pier.

Other possible explanation ?
3iff
Brigadier Gen.

Post by 3iff »

Could you build a supply depot on the island? You might need engineers on the hex to build it...
Viperace
Lieutenant

Post by Viperace »

3iff wrote:Could you build a supply depot on the island? You might need engineers on the hex to build it...
Couldn't build a thing as there r zero supply there. There is a half built mil base which construction is halted due to supply shortage.
I think enginneer will probably solve the problem, but i don have one handy. The economy is not going to last :oops:
Besuchov
Corporal

Post by Besuchov »

Viperace wrote:
3iff wrote:Could you build a supply depot on the island? You might need engineers on the hex to build it...
Couldn't build a thing as there r zero supply there. There is a half built mil base which construction is halted due to supply shortage.
I think enginneer will probably solve the problem, but i don have one handy. The economy is not going to last :oops:
Wouldnt it be possible to move supplies there by plane or helicopter? Dont know if its possible, not that familiar with this game yet.
Viperace
Lieutenant

Post by Viperace »

Besuchov wrote:Wouldnt it be possible to move supplies there by plane or helicopter? Dont know if its possible, not that familiar with this game yet.
Yea , that will bring supply to ur troops that run out of supply. But my problem here is that the city,factory, mines, are out of supply. Those things need supply source to operate
haenkie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by haenkie »

only way around this is bring an engineer to the place. Thisis the only one that can build things in places were there is no reply.
3iff
Brigadier Gen.

Post by 3iff »

I thought a supply depot provided supply...to anything in range, including industries and cities.
haenkie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by haenkie »

it does, btu nothing will be buidl IF there is NO supply to start with :D

the base on the island will probably do enough for supply there, when it is finished, but it will not finish without supply. There comes the engineer ;)
3iff
Brigadier Gen.

Post by 3iff »

Well, I said it would need an engineer (or two) to get it built...

Are we agreeing or arguing ???
haenkie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by haenkie »

both hahaha miscommunication
3iff
Brigadier Gen.

Post by 3iff »

Haha, good...

I was beginning to doubt my sanity...
Viperace
Lieutenant

Post by Viperace »

Ok, problem solved. There is an inactive mil base there, once activated , whole island comes alive :D

Shouldn't have deactivated it :bank head:

PS: Anyway, that scenario was tanked when WM kick me out when there r 2 last remaining region left. The economy in Indonesia is sooo bad with so much un-productive population.
Xetal
Lieutenant

Post by Xetal »

Yeah, getting kicked out of the WM is a mark of death upon your empire unless you are self-sufficient in certain things.

I've actually made a habit of buying all the uranium the WM has for sale (set auto-buy off, and set a manual buy for the maximum it will let me, and keep it maxed out). That way when I do get kicked out of the WM I have enough uranium to run 90% of my energy from nuclear plants for several years after being booted from the WM.

I also make sure not to get booted from the WM until I can produce a self-sufficient amount of petrolium (Metal ore and Coal aren't usually a problem, especially when I'm using nuclear power).

Just recently playing the world campaign as Michigan: Before I finished the first senario I had enough Uranium stockpiled to last ~5 years (Something like 24 million units of uranium spare).

I am also basically petrol self-sufficient (in the US-Michigan one and in the next one, the US-Northeast)... so I really don't have that much to fear from being kicked out of the WM.

Return to “Military - Defense and Operations Departments”