Transports....

Talk and Learn about the military aspects of the game.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Transports....

Post by CptBritish »

Erm I've still not managed to get Air Transports to work...

I checked the weight of the unit...

The Cargo of the Transport...

Still no Cigar...

My Scenario...

I'm Playing as Marsailles

I'm Trying to load some Airborne Elite into a C130 Transport

Airborne weight 104kg...

C130 Transport Cargo 340kg...

I've tried just second clicking on the Airborne and Clicking 'Air Transport'

The Airborne Flashs and stays where it is...

On the Ground and not in the Plane...

I've tried doing it by clicking on the unit and bringing up that big screen with all its damage and defence Etc...

And Manually trying to load it onto the Transport (with that button to the right of the screen)

Still not dice...

I even named the plane so i'm not clicking on the wrong plane...

Help some1

Same goes for Sea Transport as Portugal the only region I have the right to attack is Paris and I can't get a transit treaty with Madrid (DAMN AI!!!)

So I fancied a 'D-Day' of my own I built four Large Civ Transports (and I know these carry military Gear as I have done it once before and only once) but no dice it just flashes like the Airborne and won't load up...

Wat is happening???

I need that D-Day to give me workers to fuel my Factories...
Supporting Nuclear Power in the UK.

Just because the Japanese happened to build one near multiple fault lines doesn't make them any more dangerous than they were before the Earthquake.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

If it's really frustrating you, ctrl# the units your using and e-mail me the file. Be sure to include with # grouped units are which. I'll take a look and try and match the steps your showing.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

No not 'really' Frustrating I wouldn't want to waste your guys time...

I know i'm doing something wrong (As I have transported One Light Infantry before not in Marsialles mind you)

I'm just trying to recreate what I did and was wondering if you'd beable to tell me by what I typed...

Btw Sorry I put Two threads in General Disscustion instead of where they should go...

Its 3:42am in England and i'm slightly Tired to say the least :oops:

Sorry :(
Last edited by CptBritish on May 25 2005, edited 1 time in total.

Just because the Japanese happened to build one near multiple fault lines doesn't make them any more dangerous than they were before the Earthquake.
3iff
Brigadier Gen.

Post by 3iff »

I have no probs with air transport (but can't get land transport to work).

What I do is select land unit to move, right click and select air transport, then indicate destination hex.

IF the transport is a plane, the destination has to be an airstrip or airbase. The land unit will move to the nearest air base and the transport plane should make the trip. Watch out if your transport planes are loaded with missiles...

IF the transport is a helicopter or other 'land anywhere' air unit, the destination can be any land hex. The chopper will pick up the unit from anywhere. Again watch for missiles taking up cargo space.

(I manage to stop playing at 1am now!!)
Legend
General
Human: Yes

Post by Legend »

Don't shoot me for asking but is your C130 Transport deployed?
Is your land unit at an airport?
Is your C130 out of range to pick up the unit?
CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

Yes it was deployed :P

I can manage to get it to paradrop one unit now. But I was wondering if you are able to load troops into the transport and have it wait till I tell them to paradrop not just go as soon as the first unit is in...

3iff
Brigadier Gen.

Post by 3iff »

When transporting small units by air, if you give all the units at the same place the same order, the air transport will load as many as it can in a visit. I've managed to move 5 Mistral AA units in one go using a transport helicopter.

If the units are bigger, the transport vehicle will load as many as it can, deliver them and return for a new load until all the units have been moved.

This is all on automatic loading. No idea how it will behave for manual loading.

Return to “Military - Defense and Operations Departments”