DARPA?

Talk and Learn about the military aspects of the game.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Decimatus
Brigadier Gen.

DARPA?

Post by Decimatus »

http://www.darpa.mil

You guys looking to this site to research about adding new technologies? DARPA probably has its hand in just about everything high tech that is going on for the forseeable future and would be a great reference for ideas regarding high tech military and even civilian applications.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

we've looked at it a bit, but much of what DARPA fund never comes to be. Just as easy to take some SciFi articles and put them on the dart board ;)

But thanks, I'll be sure to keep checking it when we're adding units to the equipment file.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Decimatus
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Decimatus »

Not even just units, there are a lot of technological ideas in there with just an idea and the possiblity behind them, not nescecarily a unit or design.

Stuff like 2030 and beyond.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Well, we still want to flesh in the 2015-2025 stuff a little more so I'll keep it handy for later. One of the greatest challenges with a game that supports such depth is filling in all the areas ppl can go. It just takes so much time to fill in the tech tree and make units that use the techs.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Decimatus
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Decimatus »

Yeah, the tech tree is already quite impressive. I took me about 30 research centers and billions a day just to get to tech lvl 125 and most of the tech up to that point. The tech seems to have bottomed out around this point, but a few new tech seem to pop up ever few levels.

Return to “Military - Defense and Operations Departments”