Cracking an enemy airbase/armybase combo?

Talk and Learn about the military aspects of the game.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

Well if the AI has any human thinking its doing the right tactic. kill what army u have then retake what is lost unopposed. I would do the same thing if i knew frontal attack would kill my units. But aganist that kind of thing i usually get hella lot of rocket art. for them and only use one light infantry to scout it out. If i see any kind of stack i give em hell with the rockets. That usually does work. Sometimes i fly in several squads of B-52's (wish i had the B-2 now).
mrfurious76
Sergeant

Post by mrfurious76 »

Discovered an even better tactic to deal with this. Just get your longest range artillery (I'm using 155mm howitzers) in a stack and bring them JUST in range of any hexes that have enemy forces. You need to back them up with other stacks of units of course, but by creeping in one hex at a time your artillery can usually destroy his (especially if you're using multiple stacks of artillery). After that you can just hang out and blast the heck out of him. If he retreats into the base, sneak a unit forward and everyone comes pouring out of the base to defend, gets blasted by your artillery, and then retreats. Rinse and repeat :lol:
Decimatus
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Decimatus »

Do towed artillery have a petrol cost? If not, just might be a perfect compliment to my marines. :)
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

yes, but very low cost in petrol
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
hithere
Captain

Post by hithere »

one thing i have noticed in the demo is if the city is by the sea, a group of frigates does a decent job with the air power. ofcourse if they have alot of Anti-ship missle you may be in trouble. i'd move in a few and see what they have
hi there

Return to “Military - Defense and Operations Departments”