What happened to the ...?

Talk and Learn about the military aspects of the game.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Slash78
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Slash78 »

Do you have the AAAV or Advanced Amphibious Assualt Vehicle, the replacement for the AAVP7A1?
Slash78
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Slash78 »

Also, M41 Walker Bulldog, it's still used by a few countries and the Danes have upgraded theirs, M41 DK.
US Equipment
AAI Rapid Deployment Force Light tank, it was developed by the US in the mid-80's but never built.
LAV-AG, this is very similar to the LAV-600 but on MOWAG 8x8 chassis.
UK Equipment
Vickers' Mk 3 MBT, VFM Mk 5 tank and Mk 7 MBT? ALVIS Reconnaissance Vehicle?
Saxon APC? Spartan APC?
French Equipment
AMX-32 MBT? VBC 90 Armored Car? AMX-10P Marines, a variant to the AMX-10P possible for Amphibious Assault? VAB AT?
German Equipment
TH 301 or TAM tank? H-400 (R-400) ACV?
Finish Sisu XA series? Finish Armored Modular Vehicle?
Greek Kentaurus AIFV?
Italian Equipment
Centauro VBC APC? VCC-80 ICV? VEC Reonnaissance Vehicle? BLR APC?
Swedish CV9040 IFV?
Switz Equipment
MOWAG (10x10) ACV, MOWAG Piranha IV APC?
Turkish Equipment
FNSS IFV, 155mm M52T SP Howitzer?
Bulgarian Equipment
BRM-23 Recon Vehicle, BMP-23 ICV, BMP-30 ICV?
Croatia Degman MBT, LOV APC?
Czech T-72 MP MBT, Snezka Recon Vehicle, OT-90 APC, Tatrapan APC?
Polish PT-91 MBT, BWP 2000 IFV?
Romanian TR-85 MBT, TR-125 MBT, TAB-77 APC, Model 89 122mm SPG?
Yugoslav (Serb) M-84 MBT, BVP-M-80A MICV?
Russian T-64 MBT, BRDM-2, BRDM-3?
Egyptian MTVL, Fahd APC, BMY/ARE 122 SP Howitzer?
Indian Gypsy APC, Catapult 130mm SPG?
Iranian DIO APC, Boragh APC?
Israeli Magach MBT, Achzarit IAV?
Saudi AL-Faris Armored Car, Al-Faris 8-400 APC?
Chinese Type 99 Light tank?
Argentine TAMSE TAM tank, TAMSE VCTP ICV?
Brazilian M41 upgrade, EE-9 Cascavel, EE-3 Jararaca, EE-T4 Ogum LTV, EE-11 Urutu APC, Moto Pecas Charua APC, EE-18 Sucuri?
Chilean VTP-1 Orca?
Multi-national
Jaguar MBT, ASCOD light tank, NVH-1 MICV, AV90 Armored Vehicle, ASCOD ICV, RN-94 APC, ARTEC Multi-role Armored Vehicle, 120mm Armored Mortar System (LAV), AMOS Advanced Mortar System?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Please, please, please... if you're going to give me a list like this, it would be appreciated if you would download the spreadsheets from the website first. I just skimmed the list and about 3 4 of what you asked for is in the list already. A list like this will get filed away till I have time to go through it carefully. If you really want to see something that is not in one of the lists add, let me know “please add the following; x,y.z” and I will add them immediately. Alternately, you could e-mail me directly with a spreadsheet. That would be even better.

I should also mention that some items like the PT-91 that you mentioned are less likely to be in the game pre-release. The PT-91 is so close to the T-72 that we would likely just use the T-72, especially that there are very few PT-91s in the entire world and the specs would likely be the exact same as the base T-72 or one of it’s variants. At some point we need to go with the list we have and work on other areas of the program. Of course, I intend to spend the first week after release adding about another one to two hundred units to the list. I expect that “unit submissions” will be one of the biggest areas of feedback we’ll get post-release and each new patch will likely add a lot of previously omitted units.
Slash78
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Slash78 »

I did download the spread sheet, this is a list of stuff i didn't see. I might have missed a few items, however much of this equipment doesn't appear to be in the game yet.
Slash78
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Slash78 »

And about the AAVP7A1 and AAAV. These are two different vehicles. Actually their is 4 vehicles. LVTP7 (1974), which was bought by a few countries other then the US like Italy, Argintina (used in falklands campaign), Spain, Thailand and South Korea. The AAVP7A1 (1983/1991) is an upgrade of this, with better engine, add-on armor and in the early 90's, the upgunned weapons station, with M2 .50 cal HMG and Mk 19 40mm AGL. Most other nations have upgraded their vehicles to this standard. Next is the AAVP7A1 RAM RS (1998), which again upgrades the engine and suppension (from Bradley), this vehicle has much better cross country preformence then the AAVP7A1 (540hp instead of 400hp). It can go 68 kmh where as the others can actually only go about 56 kmh. All three of these vehicles has a crew of 3, can go about 14 kmh in water (for 8 hours), 482 km on 175 gallons of fuel and can carry 25 troops (this isn't very fun after a few days in the field, trust me). They should also be used as a transport. Last is the AAAV, it should enter service in 2006, has a crew of 3, 18 troops, 30mm cannon, 72 kmh (probably a little faster) on land, 46 kmh on ocean and have better protection. This can have a naval attack value, where as the other can not! I spent 3.5 years around these vehicles, i know what i'm talking about. Also, the LVTP7/AAVP7s can carry 5 tons of cargo from ship to shore. AAAV cannot carry cargo at all. LVTP7 weights about 23 tons, AAVP7A1 (and RAM RS) weights about 26 tons and the weight limit on the AAAV program is 72,000 lbs (last I heard it weighed closer to 76,000 lbs).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Slash78 on 2003-05-30 13:58 ]</font>
Hellfish6
Lt. Colonel

Post by Hellfish6 »

I heard the Marines were also going to mount Javelin missiles on the AAAVs. I think one or two tubes mounted on the turret.
Hellfish6
Lt. Colonel

Post by Hellfish6 »

Hey Slash, if you want to put together a spreadsheet with these missing units, I can help you out with it.

But as Balthagor said, some of these vehicles aren't going to be worth adding. The LAV-AG is pretty much the same as the Stryker MGS as far as I know, and probably not worth adding as a seperate unit.

I must admit, though, that there are a few vehicles on your list that I've never heard of before.
"Nuke the site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure."
Slash78
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Slash78 »

About the Javelin, that's possible, they were talking about mounting TOWs on the turret, i dont know what came of this. There was also talk of a 120mm Mortar variant for organic fire support.
Slash78
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Slash78 »

About the spread sheet, ok. And about the LAV-AG, it would be available in 1988 (and it would have a Marine crew if used by US, which makes anything better...ha ha ha). It would have a better power to weight ratio then both LAV-600 and Stryker and at under 14 tons, possible Helo portable.
Slash78
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Slash78 »

The LAV-AT can't be upgraded to the LAV-600. The LAV-AT is based on the MOWAG (8x8) chassis (LAV-25, LAV-AG, 120mm Armored Mortar System), where as the LAV-600 is based on the LAV-300 (6x6) chassis. I'll get to work on that spread sheet.
Hellfish6
Lt. Colonel

Post by Hellfish6 »

The Swiss have a 6x6 MOWAG Pirahna with a dual TOW system.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I look forward to seeing the spreadsheet you guys come up with. As long as I get it before release I will assit in getting any missing data filled to see that the units are in pre-release. BTW, I'm sure anyone that downloaded the spreadsheet noticed that there where some values we simply couldn't find that I put in an arbitrary value instead. Please highlight your spreadsheet the same way if you use any "educated guesses". As for your list, here are the following items you asked for that I'm fairly sure are in the spreadsheet (writing this from home, don't have it in front of me...);

Vickers' Mk 3 MBT
AMX-32 MBT
VAB AT
Finish Sisu XA series Finish Armored Modular Vehicle
Greek Kentaurus AIFV?
Italian Equipment
Centauro VBC APC
Switz Equipment
MOWAG Piranha IV APC (tagged as the LAV Piranha in infantry)
FNSS IFV
Russian BRDM-2, BRDM-3
Chinese Type 99 Light tank
Argentine TAMSE TAM tank
ASCOD light tank, ASCOD ICV, RN-94 APC, AMOS Advanced Mortar System

Feel free to check the spreadsheets for these again and include any data I missed. Having help with the list of units is something I'll never object too :smile:
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Slash78
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Slash78 »

First, my spread sheet will be kind of crude, with just the facts that i can find. Second, about the no move and attact penalty, that would be just as good as their own group.

And about the LAV-AG (105) vs. the Stryker (LAV III) 105 and LAV-600. The Stryker is too tall, an inch wide and too heavy to be airdropped or landed on a short runway with a C-130. The LAV-600 is shorter, but just as heavy and even wider. The LAV-AG (105), not to be confused with the LAV-AG with 90mm gun, weighs 15.25 US tons (16 US ton for C-130 short airfield landing), 6 inches shorter and is 5 inches narrower then Stryker 105.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

...so you're saying that the LAV-AG should have the same stats as the Stryker but be air drop capable? We don't distinguish demensions for transport. If the transport planes can carry as much as the battalion weighs, then it fits. That was one concession we had to make for simplicity.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

btw, I assume you'll be adding the different amphibious assault units you mentioned in your rough list...?

Let me know if I need to take the list from the post...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Military - Defense and Operations Departments”