i really dont like the initiative setting starting at "

Talk and Learn about the military aspects of the game.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

i really dont like the initiative setting starting at "

Post by tkobo »

I end up turning over 3/4s of my units down to none.Its a real pain.

They act very stupid on low.Charge into nests and get slaugthered all the time.

I lose a lot less units ,gain and keep ground faster,and almost never have to go looking for that tank stack i put there just a second ago.

Anyone else turning the majority of your units initiatives down ?
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
3iff
Brigadier Gen.

Post by 3iff »

You can change the setting on individual units?

I'm currently on zero initiative as a blanket setting. Units don't go and repair themselves automatically (a pain) but they don't go chasing units and running into masses of tanks/infantry and being smashed.

What I would like is even if the initiative if low/zero, that a unit can realise it's in need of repair and go and get repaired (by withdrawing from the front line safely and returning to a base if necessary).
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Yes, when you call up the orders for a unit- to tell it to entrench for instance- on the right side of the orders is 2 buttons- one of them dont remember which calls up a slider to set the initiative for the unit.

Where is the blanket setting ?Id definately use that.
Chuckle TM
3iff
Brigadier Gen.

Post by 3iff »

Strategic Ops, first menu page at the bottom. The same page as setting the defcon value. Military Initiative, a slider bar from 0 to 100.

I had it on zero (too low I think) as it won't react to enemy moves, but it will engage (shoot at) units in range.
Legend
General
Human: Yes

Post by Legend »

Here's something to consider... if you press SHIFT+L / SHIFT+S you can choose between different play setting styles. L=load S=save.

By using "player settings" when you make a player setting save, SHIFT+S every setting in the lowered panel interface (your government departments) is saved. If you locked a panel, it will SHIFT+L load locked again... sliders, checkboxs, locks, buttons that can be set, etc. What isn't saved are filter settings, or game setting such as if the side panel is open or closed.

Someone could create a Player Setting Save for each government type, or you could create one for different types of gameplay, such as military conquest, research focus, or economic strength.

Does this help?

Note: You can find many hot keys by pressing F1 and choosing the second or third panel buttons.
dust off
General

Post by dust off »

I do the blanket zero setting. The only thing I'd like the AI to do would be to move the majority of my supply trucks to get and deliver supplies. But the AI doesn't do this too well.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Any chance we could get a setting that alllows you to set the initiative setting by unit type ?

So i could set all my tanks to zero.
All my foot infrantry to zero.
All my mech infrantry to low.( i dont build alot of these,but what i do build i use as fast engagers to chase down any line breakers or enemy units that wander into my lands).

etc...
Chuckle TM
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

As well as the "master initiative" you can set the initiative of each unit in its popup. The two values work together to tell the AI what it can do. Also, there is the lock in the unit popup to fully restrict use.

I don't know all the nuances of how the three work together, but play with them and I think you can get what you're looking for.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Military - Defense and Operations Departments”