Theoretical Equipment

Talk and Learn about the military aspects of the game.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

dust off
General

Post by dust off »

I think it would be good to have some European and US aircraft with high altitude attack capability, as it seems the unit list at present only represents the Russian Mig 25 with high altitude attack. This may lead to an imbalance.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

I'm actually very impressed that you noticed! Interestingly enough, it is the only aircraft that can truly engage high air targets. No other fighter aircraft in the world can reach such altitudes, the US never made an aircraft that could reach that high. We have added some future tech units that can but for altitude, the Mig 25 does begin with that advantage.

For some information and history, check this out:
http://www.geocities.com/siafdu/foxbat.html

And, while looking for the information, I discovered that if you don't believe it can really fly that high you can go to Russia yourself and they'll prove it to you!
http://www.rusadventures.com/tour6.shtml?tour=6

What will they think of next!!
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
dust off
General

Post by dust off »

$9000, not cheap is it. Would anyone go in a Mig 25 after reading that article. :wink:
Yeh, well the cash strapped Ruskies would probably let us do anything for a price. Might even let us experience combat in Chechnia to see if you guys have got the attack/defence values right :lol:
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Hey, you volunteering to be our War Correspondent? We keep threatening, uh, I mean, offering the job to our in-laws but nobody’s agreed yet. :wink:
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
LORD_BUNGLA
Lieutenant

Post by LORD_BUNGLA »

On 2003-10-21 08:00, Balthagor wrote:
I've alreadh got the T-95 and a seperate T-12UM1 Black Eagle that are intended to represent competing designs. The T-12 is 2005 and the T-95 is actually 2007.

As for a European tank, I have added extra upgrade versions of the Leopard, Ariete, Challenger and Leclerc as well as having a few different future tech tanks. I'll be adding more so there will be something like a eurotank.

As for the KA-52, It's also in.
You have given the AIST class a tech level of 1970.
What should it be? My references say they where completed between 1971-1986.
Oh sorry about the AIST class thing. I thought it was wrong becasue most of the other units have tech levels of like 85, not in the 1000s. And i din't realise your tech system worked by dates. Again my apologies.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

You probably wont find enough useable info on this one,but ill point it out anyway.

http://robocat.users.btopenworld.com/halo.htm

Heres 2 links to that british stealth ship with the mist wall.
http://www.stratmag.com/issueJan-1/page03.htm

http://www.lowobservable.com/shipwor.htm
elite
Sergeant

Post by elite »

How about the latest sub the SEAWOLF? It's supposedly more advanced then the Los Angelos class sub,, And It is in service now, limited but in service and profjections are for the seawolf to be replacing the los angelos class sub's,
armed2010
Corporal

Post by armed2010 »

In all honesty, if you guys are able to put all this futuristic military tech in the game, that would just be ultra amazingly great. Im a huge buff of futuristic military tech, its just so cool seeing all the capabilities they have and stuff. If you could realistic portray the Objective Force Warrior exoskeleton soldiers, high altitude hypersonic bombers, laser based missile defense, stealth cruise missiles, basically all these extroadanary futuristic things, this would just be the 100% guarantee that I must have this game.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Well, I already have most of those on my list of things to do. I know for sure that stealth missiles will be in. They would already be supported by the current line of sight model.

I've mostly stopped following this thread for the moment but I will get back to it. I want to try and complete all the current day equipment entries before I get into the more futuristic stuff. Need to get baseline stats done first. So please keep adding to the list of stuff, I'll just come back and collect it all at once.
Caleb
Corporal

Post by Caleb »

That's very nice to hear :wink:
Just a couple of ideas I found in sci-fi novels and such:

Military:

- Power armor has already been mentioned.

- Rail Gun. The electromagnetically accelerated slug was actually in the first stages of study (I've read somewhere that the US tested a first prototype of the weapon: ok, it sucked away zounds of power and could only fire a shot every 20 mins, but basic tech is already here).

- One man MBT's. This comes from the Earth 2150 RTS game: basically an improved version of the Abrams tank, with full automation, so to need only one man in it.

- Civil / Military robots, as in the "War Against The Chtorr" novels. Basically a lightly armed, 4 to 6 legged spiderbot, used for patrol /police duty.

- Orbital insertion infantry. Can't remember where I saw this. Specially designed shuttle or orbital station popping out drop pods full of combat troops, anywhere on Earth, with minimal deployment time needed. Dunno if it's even possible to do that in the game, in every case I think it should be REALLY high tech.

- Hacker units (or better: espionage option), as seen in the Eclipse trilogy. They should be able to wreak havoc on high-tech reliant armies (example: disturbing JSTARS / AWACS / Power Armored infantry communications; causing robotic units to go berserk, stop or even take control of'em; defense against enemy hackers) and nations (viruses; stealing money from reserves, and so on).

Civil:

- Full "computerization" of economic and social procedures. Basically not even a single sheet of paper would be needed, not even in the money form; everything would be realized by electronic transaction / communication / verification. Should give a nice boost to the economy and production due to efficient management of reserves and near instant knowledge of tax fraud and such, but increasing unrest (since it would be like a futuristic Big Brother)

- Synthetic or cloned food. Think it isn't too far off the mark imagining meat growed in cloning vats, no? In technicalities, Food could be obtained by Industrial goods in specially built factories. Cost would be an increase in unrest (hey, I for one wouldn't like to eat something from a shapeless amoeba as large as a Greyhound bus). Now that I think of it, this could reduce dramatically dependence on traditional food growing, but gives the enemy a rare opportunity for a heavy hit... think what would happen if someone poisons one of the 3 cloning vats producing food for your country with some malignant virus.
armed2010
Corporal

Post by armed2010 »

Im not sure if this has been discussed yet, but could futuristic aircraft with optical stealth be a possibility? A prototype aircraft called the Bird of Prey was supposedly a testbed for many technologies, one including daytime optical stealth. It basically may have somehow been able to blend in to its surroundings during the daytime, making it a lot harder to spot than a big black b-2 flying around during the daytime. This could open up new strategies, since nations with stealth tech wouldnt have to wait until nighttime to use it.
armed2010
Corporal

Post by armed2010 »

Also, can another civil upgrade perhaps be maglev trains and magnetic roads for automated highspeed car travel? These would severely reduce travel time and raise the efficiency of transporting things by ground.

Return to “Military - Defense and Operations Departments”