Buying and selling units

Talk and Learn about the military aspects of the game.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Hellfish6
Lt. Colonel

Post by Hellfish6 »

I don't remember if this has been discussed before or not, but I thought I'd ask after my search didn't turn up anything.

How can we buy and/or sell units? If I want to buy a squadron of MiG-29s, can I make a treaty that says something like "I'd like to buy 16 MiG-29s from the Ukranian player" and if he agrees, I get the planes and he gets the money? Simple as that? And in another post it was hinted that we could negotiate the price plus a default price?

Could you guys maybe walk us through the process? And what determines what kind of equipment we can build? If we're a Western nation, can we simply choose anything from the Western tech tree? What if we're Western and we want to build Su-27s? Can we purchase the manufacturing rights?
"Nuke the site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure."
Hellfish6
Lt. Colonel

Post by Hellfish6 »

*BUMP*

I'd really like to know...

I'm a fan of Russian/Soviet technology, but there are definately some western items I'd like to have for my military. I'd just like to know if I can build them, or how I could buy them if they're not in my tech tree.
"Nuke the site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure."
BattleGoat
General
Human: Yes

Post by BattleGoat »

Sorry... I was waiting for Chris to answer this one, and I guess he was waiting for me :roll:

Anyways, any two regions will be able to trade / sell their own equipment. And if you want to sell something and no other regions are buying, there will be a fixed price at which the World Market will buy a battalion.

As for buying and researching "Outside your Equipment List" (ex. American Regions buying or researching Russian Equipment), we haven't firmly made up our mind about this. Here's what is likely to occur based on our current leanings --- Occasionally the World Market might put up for sale a piece of equipment not native to your region but it will not be too "Cutting Edge" (5-10 year old technology). Research will be more limiting, and unless another region in the scenario you are in, has the ability to manufacture something from another equipment list, you will not be able to research that item. This does mean though that in the final scenario - the battle for the world, you will be able to research any equipment list items since all the other techs are present. In some cases this could happen earlier in the game then the final scenario... One obvious area that will early on have multiple equipment lists available is of course the Mid East.

Hope that answers your question okay...

- David
Hellfish6
Lt. Colonel

Post by Hellfish6 »

Yup. Thanks. :smile:

Return to “Military - Defense and Operations Departments”