Repairing units

Talk and Learn about the military aspects of the game.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

numark
Sergeant

Repairing units

Post by numark »

After invading Kansas on the demo map, a lot of my units, especially my air units, seem to go into reserve and repair. The problem I have is that they get about 1/4 of the way, and I can't seem to deploy them. At first I didn't know what it was, so I double clicked the unit and it said "Repairing" Is there something I'm missing here? It doesn't seem logical that units take months to repair, yet only days to build.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Actually, I think our repair times make sense. Air units take a very long time to build and even longer to repair. Remember it's not a few shot up planes, if it is at 12/18 you need 6 new planes. If you can't get them to deploy, I would suspect it is your AI sending them back in for repairs as fast as you're deploying them. What's your initiative set to?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
3iff
Brigadier Gen.

Post by 3iff »

Do units have to return to a base to repair? I've had a mobile infantry and a tank do repairs in the field...I'm not complaining.
BattleGoat
General
Human: Yes

Post by BattleGoat »

Units (other than Aircraft and Ships) don't have to return to base to repair, but getting replacements "in the field" is slower and depends on the degree of supply your units are in. Sending them back to a base with a formal "Repair" order will get them back to full strenght sooner.
- David
lostperception
Corporal

Post by lostperception »

When units go to repair at the nearest Base or Airfield? Can the airfield get bogged down with too many units in need of repair thus hampering repair times? Would moving some of these units to other airfields with less aircraft or units help improve the amount of time required for repairs?
3iff
Brigadier Gen.

Post by 3iff »

Without knowing the exact situation, it might be that if you have 10 planes all repairing at once, they each get 1 point of repair each (10 points) in a time period. It there was just 1 plane repairing then that unit might get all 10 points of repair...

Might be worth trying...

Return to “Military - Defense and Operations Departments”