Demo- Engineers?

Talk and Learn about the military aspects of the game.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Juergen
Brigadier Gen.

Demo- Engineers?

Post by Juergen »

The engineer units do have an order called "contruction",but what does that do?
So far I achieved nothing with it.
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

Engineer units have a number of special abilities, including bridging and also assisting with the construction of facilities.

In a regular construction job (ie building a new base or industry), they will speed up the construction time if they are posted on the hex and given the order (they will also do so if they are just sitting idle on a construction site, though they may be re-ordered by the AI if you have initiative on)

They are also capable of building airstrips and sea piers in unsupplied areas by being posted where you want to do that construction.

-- George.
Juergen
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Juergen »

"They are also capable of building airstrips and sea piers in unsupplied areas by being posted where you want to do that construction. "

Thats what I intented to do but where is the seperate order?
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

Oh, that might have been clear - no separate order on that, just use the 'build facility' thing as usual (the same way you would build a new base or whatever), and you'll be able to place the strip or pier on or within the zone of control of any idle engineer on the map.

-- George.
bhermis

Post by bhermis »

Engineers rock
Cauldyth
Lieutenant

Post by Cauldyth »

Hmm, I'm having trouble getting this to work. I'm playing the West Coast in Canada, and there are 2 oil fields out of supply so I'd like to build an Airstrip near them. I placed the airstrip, and moved the "31st INF Engineer" unit on top (along with a supply truck for good measure). Nothing's happening, it's still out of supply. I turned off the AI of the Eng unit and gave it a "Construction" order on the hex, but there's still no construction happening.

Am I missing something?

-Cauldyth
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

it will remain "out of supply", cause it is, but construction will progress so long as the engineers stay.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Military - Defense and Operations Departments”