Air Transport

Talk and Learn about the military aspects of the game.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

HercMighty
Warrant Officer

Air Transport

Post by HercMighty »

How do you get units to load onto helicopters\boats then move\attack a target.

I have the bonus content and the Cuba mission it said one way to do it was an airdrop. Cannot figure out how to do it for the life of me.

Also I can get the first order box to fill, but not the second. So I tried giving an air transport order and then tried to que in a move order but no dice. I did get a transport to pick up some units but it brought the units back to its base.
lordrune
Lieutenant

Post by lordrune »

The unload thing is a special command for the transports... and they have to unload into a hex (port?) that you already control. I think you can use destroyers to take control of coastal provs, though. Not really sure, been a while since I had a decent naval war (come on, release the game in Australia already...)

You can drop airborne units anywhere, but air transport can only carry 'special' airborne units... not regular troops, to the best of my knowledge and experience.
HercMighty
Warrant Officer

Post by HercMighty »

Found if I selected a unit, choose where I wanted it to go by right clicking, then choosing air transport, a unit would come pick them up and transport them there.

Regards
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

The Military thread has a sticky about transporting units
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
aegisx
Colonel

Post by aegisx »

I just made some rangers, Im assuming they can be loaded in things like Blackhawk helo's?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

yes, they are light enough I think you can carry two per helo. Pick the ranges, right click the destination...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
aegisx
Colonel

Post by aegisx »

Cool, tommorow I hope to try some behind the lines insertions when I attack. Blackhawks + rangers seems like a good plan. I still have to figure out what rangers are good for though :)
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

do a search for rangers or special forces on the forum, we had a thread where the difference was discussed.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
aegisx
Colonel

Post by aegisx »

If anyone else is interested: http://www.bgforums.com/viewtopic.php?t ... ht=rangers

Seems rangers are good at demo and have lower supply consumption? Hmm, what could I have them blow up :)

Return to “Military - Defense and Operations Departments”