Aircraft Carriers and Aircraft

Talk and Learn about the military aspects of the game.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Fantnet
Major

Aircraft Carriers and Aircraft

Post by Fantnet »

Question:

Can you split squadorns of in half, or build a squadron with less than the full number of aircraft to get over the limit of 5 squadrons per aircraft carrier?

Current 5 Squadron Config set by BG

1 F/A -18 EF Sq,
1 S-3B Viking Sq,
1 E-2C Sq,
1 SH-60 Seahawk Sq
1 EA-6B Prowler

Needed Config

1 F/A -18 EF Sq,
1 S-3B Viking Sq,
1 E-2C Sq,
1 SH-60 Seahawk Sq
1 EA-6B Prowler
1 KA-6B In Flight Refueler.

Can this be done of I limit the number of aircraft per Sq?

I will be doing a lot of power projection with Strike Groups and Amp Ready Groups!
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

no, the limit for carriers was decided as a fixed limit. You can load 5 "units" of any strength. A little unrealistic, but we felt this was needed for gameplay.

FYI, Mid air refueling units are still in the game but the actual mid air refueling function is not in the retail box. It's still on our list for a future update. Many maps already have KC-135s or other such pre-placed so no fears, it will get supported.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Blue|2
Lieutenant

Post by Blue|2 »

Eh, do not include units that are not working. Im hoping you get that fixced asap or it is going to hurt this game reputation very much. Not everyone is reading this forums - not everyone knows this will come in a patch. Heck people expect units in the game to function.

Developers: Fix this one asap, how could you release the game without air fueling functioning when you have units on the maps for that purpose??

its ok to leave mines if you also leave out the menu for placing mines etc.. then the user doesnt go hmm why doenst my mines work etc..

but this is exactly what is going to happen with air refueling..and its going to hurt the reputation bad.

I hope I have misunderstood something here..
fallen77
Warrant Officer

Post by fallen77 »

Yea just another opinion on this issue... I'd rather not have the icon to build or the option to place anything that is not implemented. Leave it off so I don't get confused and try to do stuff that doesn't work/isn't there.

Ciao
Antares
Warrant Officer

Post by Antares »

They have the units still in the game because that way the update will be smaller because they won't have to update the maps as well as the function.
ainsworth74
Colonel

Post by ainsworth74 »

maybe they should make a note in the readme that says that the function is not working and that a patch will be realesed, it is a bit late now though :-?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

hmm, I thought we did... :(

Mid air refueling is barely mentioned in the manual so we missed making an addendum to that. As mentioned, it was not an original element to the design. Hopefully we can get it added soon.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Military - Defense and Operations Departments”