The French Mirage series aircraft

Talk and Learn about the military aspects of the game.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

AAARRRGGHHH!!!... These have been annoying me because there are so many versions of the Mirage!

I'm trying to decide which version need separate entries in the equipment file and trying to track which ones replace which. Currently I have most of them in the "interceptor" class as that seems to be their most common role. I do have a few that are "fighter/bomber" class. I also start at the Mirage III available from tech 59 and up (needs tech ~1959) since anything older is not likely to be needed.

Here’s what I have;

Mirage III, Tech 59, int class
Mirage IIIA, Tech 59, f/b class
Mirage IV, Tech 63, f/b class
Mirage F1, Tech 66, int class
Mirage V, Tech 67, int class
Mirage F1-C, Tech 74, int class
Mirage-2000, Tech 84, int class

The III and IIIA can be refitted back and forth, the IV has no attack values and carries only nuclear “missile Units”. The V replaces the IIIA, the F1-C replaces the F1 and at tech 84 the 2000 replaces the V.

This has been confusing to me so I’m hoping someone out there can follow all this and offer some advice. I think these are the main versions I need to track and anything in between these would have stats so close that we can omit them for the sake of playability.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Mewshkin
Lieutenant

Post by Mewshkin »

Only thing I can really think of is that maybe the 2000 should replace the IV as well.
Is the Israeli Kfir in? That might be an upgrade of the 5, about tech 74.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Both the Kfir and the C-5 Cheetah are in. I'll see about the upgrade.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Geta
Warrant Officer

Post by Geta »

The list of French Mirage aircraft looks like it covers much of the history of that aircraft. There was the Mirage 4000 (1986) that did not sell well, but may be interesting to have around for 2010 era planes. It did have an operational ceiling of over 65K feet which with an AA missile WEZ of ~30 miles for a radar guided missile of that era, would make it a possible threat to the SR71s and U2s talked about in another thread.
Hellfish6
Lt. Colonel

Post by Hellfish6 »

The Mirage 2000 should replace the Mirage IV as well. There is a variant called the Mirage 2000N specifically designed as a nuclear bomber.

Return to “Military - Defense and Operations Departments”