Slovak and Czech armies and units

Talk and Learn about the military aspects of the game.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

spiritofatlantis
Lieutenant

Slovak and Czech armies and units

Post by spiritofatlantis »

How are the Slovak and Czech armies setup in the game compared to the current state of these armies?
And what units are available?

Also another question.
How up to date is the current data about countries?
For example i saw someone from BG talking on the forums about The Netherlands having 15 million inhabitants, but that was the case in the late '90ies, while now The Netherlands has a little over 16.3 million inhabitants.
Although i don't know what a difference of 1.3 million would make in the game and what strategic implications such a difference would have.

How is this with other countries...when was the last time this sort of data was updated for all countries?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Q: How are the Slovak and Czech armies setup in the game compared to the current state of these armies?
And what units are available?
A: We have a good source for a lot of this stuff so the Czech and Slovakia forces are very close to their current order of battle. They are also one of the few regions that begins with AA sites pre-placed. They represent the inventory of SA-5s both countries have. They also have some unique technologies pre-research such as the Dana 155mm.

Q: How up to date is the current data about countries?
A: Our source for military was updated in Nov’03, for populations we used http://www.citypopulation.de/

Q: How is this with other countries...when was the last time this sort of data was updated for all countries?
A: Two days ago :) Sunday night/Monday morning while we where finishing up the Gold Master, when I had a spare minute between testing, I was still poking through the equipment file, looking up some of my defense news sites and adding stuff. There are still some units that didn’t make it in because I was still missing data but with a count close to 2000 different units in the game, I’m pretty sure we’re the industry leader on this one ;)
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
spiritofatlantis
Lieutenant

Post by spiritofatlantis »

Thanks for the reply, although i'm posting here for the first time, by scouring the forums i can see that the interaction between BG and users is really good, almost no thread is left unanswered while maintaining high quality feedback.
As a matter of fact i have never seen anything before like this where a game-studio interacts so close with their users and listens so well and really does something with the input given by users.
This alone gives heaps of added value to actually buy the game and support the studio.
Besides that i find it really inspiring.
I'm quite impressed in the positive sense!

Thanks for the reply!

Return to “Military - Defense and Operations Departments”