improved special inf?

Talk and Learn about the military aspects of the game.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

dust off
General

Post by dust off »

Thanks for the info balthagor.

So if attack strengths are miltiplied by squad strength does this mean that units like marines get a slight handicap becuase their squads contain more personel?
e.g. Marine AAV btn. 36 X soft attack stat (1008 personel)
Inf btn. 52 x soft attack stat. (486 personel)

Is it the case that the marine AAV btn gets around one third less strength multiplier even though they have twice the personel when compared like this?

In addition, both unit's info screens flag them as being hard targets only leading me to assume that damage is inflicted per vehicle/squad further compounding the inbalance. Admitedly, I don't have the precise forulas, but this appears to what is happening.

If so there's an argument to abstract the peronel to AFV ration a little to make squad strengths comparable.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Just to be sure we're understanding each other, attack is multiplied by battalion strength, number of squads, not number of men per squad.

I've been thinking that I should use the number of men per squad as a factor when setting the attack strength of infantry units. Particularly battlions where they are in mechanized vehicules that have only a 7.62mm MG. I did this when I looked at the AAV strength. Since I increase it's "ppl per squad" I also increased their close combat and soft attack values.

Some of these values I expect to continue reviewing post release. We could spend 3 more years just exploring the balance of the units and still not be done. Better to have a solid start, get the game out, and offer equipment file updates post release as ppl send in feedback.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
dust off
General

Post by dust off »

Just to be sure we're understanding each other, attack is multiplied by battalion strength, number of squads, not number of men per squad

That's what I was assuming; if damage is inflicted in a similar way ie. to squads, and then the manpower reduced accordingly as an accounting process thats where this issue would be most prevalent.

I've been thinking that I should use the number of men per squad as a factor when setting the attack strength of infantry units. Particularly battlions where they are in mechanized vehicules that have only a 7.62mm MG. I did this when I looked at the AAV strength. Since I increase it's "ppl per squad" I also increased their close combat and soft attack values.
This logic seems to have most things covered, thanks for the info.
Some of these values I expect to continue reviewing post release. We could spend 3 more years just exploring the balance of the units and still not be done. Better to have a solid start, get the game out, and offer equipment file updates post release as ppl send in feedback.
Can't argue with that, especially the 'get the game out'.

Return to “Military - Defense and Operations Departments”