Fighter Experience

Talk and Learn about the military aspects of the game.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Empier4552
General

Post by Empier4552 »

Hey not sure if this was discussed before I know in CNC Generals they postdd something about downed pilots being able to come out and jump into another plane to get their exp back-

In SR2010 I know its not like CNC at all but can pilots eject and some how trek back to base or be rescued? And could this then save their experience points?
XeroMan
Lt. Colonel

Post by XeroMan »

Sounds sweet!!!! But would it work for battalions / squadrons? Afterall, it is the people, not the equipment. It would apply to tank drivers, artillery, basically any unit that gets it's power from operating a machine...
But then that might be touched on by the merging of understrength units. I'm interested in seeing the response to this thread....
BattleGoat
General
Human: Yes

Post by BattleGoat »

I don't know how we would work this into the game... It is a cute idea and I will check out how C&C does it and see if we can figure a way to logically work it in.

In all honesty though, since we don't let "Replacements" hurt a battalion's experience level, recovering downed pilots really doesn't seem a neccessary feature. I imagine though it would pick up military morale and possibly create military heroes for civilian populations to rally around... Hmmmmmmm..... Have to think about that for a while.
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

To some extent, the way we handle replacements does simulate 'recovery' of downed pilots and surviving tank commanders. As long as the air squadron lives, replacement planes come on board with the experience level of the squadron. This would be akin to the pilot coming back to base, rejoining his old squadron, and getting a shiney new plane to fly in.

I think it would really be beyond the scope of our game to simulate individual downed pilots and 'pilot rescue' operations etc...

-- George.

Return to “Military - Defense and Operations Departments”