Air-Air refueling

Talk and Learn about the military aspects of the game.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

prime_642
Captain

Air-Air refueling

Post by prime_642 »

It's probably too late to implement, but i thought of a new way to do air to air refueling. Make a new screen, called whatever, and include in the same section that missiles are in. On this screen, there should be a list of air-to-air refueling units. There should be an option to assign each refuling squadron to a sqaudron of aircraft, just like the missile dialog. Also, you can go to each individul aircraft squadron screen, and "load" the refuling aircraft onto each squadron of aircraft like you would load a missile. THe squadron would then have an extended range, but decreased air attack at regular time intervals to simulate the refuleing.
Baloogan
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Baloogan »

erm, no offence, but i dislike that.
also the air tanker unit is in the game already, but it doesnt do anything yet
Missiles!! Nukes!
prime_642
Captain

Post by prime_642 »

one more thing, if i heven't made myself clear, the air-to-air refueling units will be removed from the game. They will not appear on the map. If the squadron they belong to is destryed, They will be returned to the "air-air tanker screen" and will be available to deploy to another squadron. But they will never appear on a map. The research of more advanced air-to-air refueling systems would results in increased range and decreased loss of air attack.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

I don't think we're going to change much more that involves new screens, the user interface is pretty much locked. I'm happy with the way we've set up mid air refueling, why change it?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Baloogan
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Baloogan »

Hear, hear
Missiles!! Nukes!

Return to “Military - Defense and Operations Departments”