Managing Missiles.

Talk and Learn about the military aspects of the game.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Redshadow
Lieutenant

Managing Missiles.

Post by Redshadow »

I havent really be following the development of missiles in the game all that extensively, but have kept an ear open. From what I have heard, it seems as though the current system is rather complex. Now, dont get me wrong, I LOVE micromanegment in games, however, it seems as though the system might be a tad much for even me.

So, my question to any Betas or Devs is this:

Is controling your nation's missiles- from nukes to bombers to ships- all that complicated? Or is it actually not the tremendous, over the top, hassel that it seems to be to this humble forum dweler?

Warm Regards to all,

Red.
red
General

Post by red »

Most things in the game can be left to the AI if you want. The AI will research, construct, and deploy missles for you on its own. It'll automatically fire unit-killing missles, though cruise missles used against buildings will need you to check a box to allow auto-fire. Developing and using nuclear missles will require your attention all the way.

The player can of course research designs they like, build how they want, and deploy specific missles to specific platforms. All missles can also have the ability to be automatically fired removed. Strategic missles aren't in yet, though they are built at the same screen as other missles and there's targetting screens for them and rules of engagement.

My only problem is that it's a little cumbersome to load out a lot of units yourself, because it has to be done on a missle-by-missle, unit-by-unit basis, but most of the time using missles is just right-clicking a target and hitting "Fire Missle".
Juergen
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Juergen »

"Is controling your nation's missiles- from nukes to bombers to ships- all that complicated? Or is it actually not the tremendous, over the top, hassel that it seems to be to this humble forum dweler? "

"it seems as though the current system is rather complex"

I wouldnt say that its really of problem of complexity,its far more a problem of numbers.
And while a lot of work has gone into the UI,with good results,I still deem the missle interface (the screen used to deploy them) as too cumbersome due to the listing of the missiles.

It goes like this:
Missile
Missile
Missile
Missile
Missile

Instead of Missilex5

Which will be a problem if you have to handle hundreds of them.

If you want to handle them that is.
As red already said you can hand the production and the deployment of them to the AI.
But if this will be usefull to your plans is another question.

The deployment screen is working so far,
but the next unkwown variable is the the "missile marcomanager" which includes pre-targeting and strategic launches.
This isnt working yet and if it would work "good" then using missiles would already get a lot easier.

Maybe the devs could elaborate on how this will work.
Juergen
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Juergen »

It seems this got overlooked a little.

Well so how does it happen?
How will the missile macromanager use the missiles?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Funny you should mention this... George started work on this last night. I'm looking at the screens for changes to support it. I'll try and get some details when it's done but you may have to wait for the next update. Maybe I'll get a screenshot for the next website update, might be easier than trying to explain it...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Military - Defense and Operations Departments”