canadas military

Talk and Learn about the military aspects of the game.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

krazy mattyd
Sergeant

canadas military

Post by krazy mattyd »

I dont mean to offend anyone by this and forgive me if im wrong (im an American) but does canada have a military. Ive never really heard much from them and ive never seen a canadian soldier before or heard of any bases in canada. Will someone please educate me.

Thanks
Hawkeye
Private

Post by Hawkeye »

:o http://www.forces.ca check it out!
Empier4552
General

Post by Empier4552 »

Canada has a military..although I am US I still know Canada was a big part of D-Day as well they did major beach landing operations though are often thought of as the forgotten soldiers of D DAy
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Canada has also been very active in UN Peacekeeping in places like Bosnia and Haiti.

And we also build our own Destroyers and many US LAVs are Canadian build. Our Coyote LAVs are some of the best in the world!

We're also involved in a joint project with Sweden for the new ADATS system which is featured in the game (both in name and concept). These are part of the "common missile" concept where a unit is fitted with missiles that can be fired against either close air or armored land targets without needing any changes. In the game these will be very useful so that some of your Anti Air units will be able to be used in Anti Tank roles equally well.

... just don't ask about our helicopters ;)
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Empier4552
General

Post by Empier4552 »

Quick thought doesnt Canada built the Stryker IFV For the US? If so will Canada have access to this in game?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I haven't really decided. In theory it could be added to the units they could research but they would not get it pre-researched for sure. There are some other LAVs available.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
XeroMan
Lt. Colonel

Strykers

Post by XeroMan »

Strykers are built here in London, ON.

As for the Canadian Military...
Good troops, crappy goverment. We've taken the opposite approach to the US - we've hamstrung our military to support debt reduction, etc. (And payoff's for the goverment's friends -hmmm not so different in that regard!)
But hey, the Halifax Class Frigate kicks tail. Designed not to tip over from ice build-up. Cutting edge, that. I will point out that on the main website the Iroquois Class Destroyer has the second highest tech level listed... :P
I'm telling you, if Canada can't take over the world then this game is hopelessly slanted. :o
XeroMan
Lt. Colonel

Post by XeroMan »

Balthagor wrote:... just don't ask about our helicopters ;)
Shhhhh!!!
Dat's weery sekret projeck.
Seriously though, the latest incarnation of our WASP Attack helicopters are truly nasty - armed with half a dozen ASRAAM's and two hardpoints for larger missiles such as the Penguin (another Canadian missile designed for our Igloo class BB's). Funding cuts have decimated our airfleet though, so we may lose the north to the insurgents pouring out of Nunavut. The number of Harpoons they have stocked is a serious threat to any navy. Lucky for the world we've got it contained...
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Based on my info, only the main chassis is done in Canada;

BUILDER(S)
Overall:
General Motors Defense-General Dynamics Land Systems, Washington, D.C.
Vehicle fabrication:
General Motors of Canada, London, Ontario
General Dynamics, Lima, Ohio
Assembly and turret integration:
General Dynamics, Anniston Army Depot, Ala.
Mobile gun system:
General Dynamics, Enyon, Pa.
General Dynamics, Muskegon, Mich.
General Dynamics, Tallahassee, Fla.

The elements that make the Stryker different than the LAV-III Kodiak seem to be build in the US. I think I'll make it able to be researched but they would only start with the LAVs pre-researched.

I also agree that some of the Canadian equipment is really good stuff. I can't find any info on that helo. Got a link?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
XeroMan
Lt. Colonel

Here's the link....

Post by XeroMan »

krazy mattyd
Sergeant

Post by krazy mattyd »

WOW thanks for all the info guys you really helped!
Zickefoose
Warrant Officer

Post by Zickefoose »

well really Canada isnt a military if you you look closely cause just about all there powerfull units and weapons are American as for most countrys like our F-16's F-15's F/A-18's and so fourth and many others
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Actually, the Canadian built LAVs are considered some of the best in the world. Our Coyote LAV recons in particular. Considering the amount of funding the Canadian militay gets, we do quite well. Also, our military is proportionate to our involvment in world activities. We have little use for tanks since most of our deployments are foreign peacekeeping.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
krazy mattyd
Sergeant

Post by krazy mattyd »

well if u look at the U.S. military in iraq you will see that some of the soldiers who would normally crew a vehicle have been used to patrol the streets like infantrymen. Go figure.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

We sort of simulate the fact that soldiers get moved around. When you are running low on soldiers you can deactivate a base to deploy units.

... OK son, no more KP; Here's a tank!

;)
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Military - Defense and Operations Departments”