Greek military

Talk and Learn about the military aspects of the game.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

The ancient mar
Sergeant

Greek military

Post by The ancient mar »

Hem do you need any info about the greek military?I mean size,equipment,purchase programs etc?I will be more than happy to help.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Actually, we have access to an excellent site that lists tons of info on every country including Greece.

here's a sample from Greece's land forces;

NOV03 GROUND COMBAT VEHICLES

Tanks
84 Leopard 1V MBT (Germany)
245 Leopard 1A5/1GR MBT (Germany)
170 Leopard II GR (Germany) (on order)
330 M60A1 MBT
307 M60A3 MBT
15 M48A3 Patton MBT
655 M48A5 Patton MBT
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
The ancient mar
Sergeant

The Leopard II are called L II HEL(not GR)and are of type A6(the latest one).To them you should include 186 Leopard II A4(little older given as free from German goverment for the purchase of HEL).The M48A3 are not combat vehicles,they are used from eng. units.some of the M48A5 are upgraded with MOLF(its a targeting system giving them capacity of Leopard I A5)therefore better chances to hit.Anyway in case you want to check the accuracy i am here you know.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

thanks
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
The ancient mar
Sergeant

Have you included in the Greek OOB the new bought german made SP artillery systems.I think their names is PzH2000 or something.
Oh and what about the 60(+30) Eurofighters Greece is going to purchase?BTW Greece developed an AA system called Artemis 30,since i dont remember seen it in the equipment list do you think it could be added?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I just reviewed the notes on the Greek military and we include 24 PzH2000, 90 Eurofighter Typhoons (though I may switch them to Rafales since Greece seems to be reviewing the Typhoon and considering the Rafale instead).

As for the Artemis 30, it is also going to be included but the entry in the equipment list is not yet completed. It will be in later.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Military - Defense and Operations Departments”