Answers for a recruit

Talk and Learn about the military aspects of the game.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

The ancient mar
Sergeant

Answers for a recruit

Post by The ancient mar »

Hallo everybody.As a fun of all kind of wargames i really enjoy this one which found by accident just now :( but no worry i am here to stay :lol:
So i have several questions that i will try to put in a cohesive way.
1-will there be an experience because of training and combat for units?
2-what level of formation is the smaller(battalion/regiment/brigade/div.)?
3-how do you get new units,just reach a tech level or research its components(for a tank-gun/armor/commun.)and then get it?
4-will there be a capacity to conduct airborne or hellyborne operations by droping paras and others from behind?
5-how are you going to deal with supply of air and naval units?are they going to have a certain number of ammo and missles and then return to port/airfield for another sorty or there is going to be air-refuelling and naval supply ships for sea supply?
6-which are unit stats(HA/SA/Ground Defence/AA/range)and if more which?
7-a unit is represented by a strenght factor or a certain number of items(a tank bat-50 tanks)and when losses these items(tanks)its lost.
8-what sort or replacements are and what kind of supply(just ammo and fuel or more specific)?
9-the most important-WHEN IS IT GOING TO BE AVAILABLE?
10- :D any chance to be a beta soon :wink: (well just kiding,maybe after 20 posts ask again :lol: )
Thanks a lot,sorry for my English

I forgot.Is there going to be any sort of satelite recon or GPS system for targeting to improve chances for hit on bad weather(assuming there is such thing as a bad weather).
Legend
General
Human: Yes

Post by Legend »

1-will there be an experience because of training and combat for units?
- Shooting and being shot at adds to unit "experience"
Speding on training and maintenance adds to "effeciency".
Most "Special training", affects combat ability in special terrain types and conditions. One or two of these add to experience.

2-what level of formation is the smaller(battalion/regiment/brigade/div.)?
we only deal with battalions and battalion strength is set for each unit.

3-how do you get new units,just reach a tech level or research its components(for a tank-gun/armor/commun.)and then get it?
- You can build units in military bases. By spending on research you can develop new units that can then be built in military bases (army, navy, air)

4-will there be a capacity to conduct airborne or hellyborne operations by droping paras and others from behind?
- Yes - watch out for anti-air defenses.

5-how are you going to deal with supply of air and naval units?are they going to have a certain number of ammo and missles and then return to port/airfield for another sorty or there is going to be air-refuelling and naval supply ships for sea supply?
- Air and naval units have fuel and supplies (that include bullets), missiles are another item that units can have.
Other units are cargo units that support mid air refueling, out at sea refueling, cargo dropping (some features still need to be implemented. )

6-which are unit stats(HA/SA/Ground Defence/AA/range)and if more which?
- Get the beta, and once you are in a game go to the units popup. There are lots and lots of stats for each unit. About 74 columns in the spreadsheet for each unit, and just over 1600 units...
go here to download the spreadsheets for the units...
Go here ... http://www.supremeruler2010.com/srmil_equip_dl.htm -

7-a unit is represented by a strenght factor or a certain number of items(a tank bat-50 tanks)and when losses these items(tanks)its lost.
- A unit has a strength value. This strength represents the number of units in it's battalion. When the unit takes damage, units are destroyed and this strength value decreases.

8-what sort or replacements are and what kind of supply(just ammo and fuel or more specific)?
- fuel, supplies (ammo), missles units.

9-the most important-WHEN IS IT GOING TO BE AVAILABLE?
- Late Q3, 2004

10- any chance to be a beta soon (well just kiding,maybe after 20 posts ask again )
Here is the thread - http://www.bgforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=10043#10043 - Under : BattleGoat Studios Forum Index -> General Beta Discussion - > New Beta Testers.

Finally, weather - no, recon and satellites are used for line of sight.

Return to “Military - Defense and Operations Departments”