UAV?

Talk and Learn about the military aspects of the game.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Cal_Blutch
Corporal

UAV?

Post by Cal_Blutch »

I read many posts about military units and i don't manage to find any post about this.
Actually all major forces are working about UAV,they begin to think about using these UAV for reacon operation only,but as this sytem works better and better,now they are thinking to use it for air to ground operation,and why not as an air to air system provinding them a cheaper instrument without any problems about pilot error or pilot limitation to gravity factors...
About the reacon operation,they manage to use it quickly with a big stealth advantage,also they can operate with UAV from anywhere,for example an battallion can use it just to reacon a part of battle field straight his position to have a quick look out of the situation.
Some part of this use can be read in a book like "the bear and the dragon" from T.Clancy,a a pretty good vision of the UAV use even if i think other uav abilities gonna be developed quickly according to the big amount of money governements spent in.

Sorry for my English ;)
Cal_Blutch
Corporal

Post by Cal_Blutch »

Hum too late but i found a subject about uav sorry to speak of it again so )
red
General

Post by red »

There's a separate section in air unit research and building for UAVs.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Not a problem. As you found, UAVs are included though I will admit there will not be an extremly large number in the game. We do have both armed and unarmed UAVs.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
dust off
General

Post by dust off »

Is there any plan to allow small UAVs to land and refuel at places other than an airfield/base?

Return to “Military - Defense and Operations Departments”