ambushes and units that can pass without a trace

Talk and Learn about the military aspects of the game.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

This has been talked about a few times now and the answer has always been that there are no units that can enter a hex that is part of an enemy units zoc without changing the zoc and giving its location away.

If possible I think that there should be some units that can do this.I would be happy if only the spec forces units could.

As it stands now it is nearly impossible and/or highly improbable to ambush an enemy unit in its own territory if the enemy unit is played by an intelligent human.

The last thing that came close to a real war was desert storm.In this "war" there was tons of unseen movement by the coalition and more than a few ambushes by both sides.
Taking this kind of deception and suprise out of the war scene entirely is a bad thing for the game I think.
I believe that having units who can sneak behind enemy lines and reek havoc would be an excellent feature.
Limit it to specail force type units only and make it so they do not take control of land/hexes they pass thru.Make it so they are a threat to small ,wounded,reeling , routed ,ect units.
In a pitched battle with a healthly enemy unit they should be outclassed and have to evade or die.But agaisnt units pulling back for rest/supply/replacements/etcc or units like supply trucks they should be deadly.

Their forte should be hunting and evasion.
Supply issues could be handled by giving them a raid ability which allowed them to restock supplies from any successful attack on an enemy unit.

Commando units have been around for sometime and in almost every modern war I can think of.I would like to see a unit in this game to represent them.

Make cost,training,etc.. very high so that the units are as rare as they should be.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

This has changed now right ?

Can we have a list of units that can enter an enemy hex without taking control of it ?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

It's taken a while for me to get some of the answers for this out of George but it looks like this will be an advanced order. Any unit will be able to be told not to take territory as it passes. This will allow special forces to move undetected unit they are found by an enemy unit.

How's that sound?
madflava13
Sergeant

Post by madflava13 »

Sounds perfect to me...
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

very nice :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

Return to “Military - Defense and Operations Departments”