Unit names and patterns ?

Talk and Learn about the military aspects of the game.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Okay I kow we can name all our own units if we choose to.This is a good thing.

What I am wondering is if when the computer names units by itself if it simply uses ascending numbers.
IE- First infrantry,second infrantry,3rd infrantry,etc...
If so please change this to assigning a random number instead so that players who dont choose to name their units are not penalized by their unit names giving away their total force strength .(wonders if he used the right form of those damn there,theyre and their s. LOL )
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

What I am wondering is if when the computer names units by itself if it simply uses ascending numbers.
IE- First infrantry,second infrantry,3rd infrantry,etc...
Well, not surprisingly, this is exactly what we do right now!

Though the point you make is a good one. However I imagine some people would actually prefer their units numbered in order. Also, there are some odd issues in a multiplayer game with renaming of units - for instance, an annoying player could rename his "1st Anti Air" to "1st Recon" so as to trick his opponent to launching an air raid against the unit; in the heat of the battle it is possible the attacker wouldn't notice the true 'equipment type' of the unit.

Of course, you could also rename your '21st Infantry' to '88th Infantry' to try to confuse your opponent.

In other words, I'm not sure this is really necessary. Anyone else want a random numbering option for unit names?

-- George.
Hellfish6
Lt. Colonel

Post by Hellfish6 »

It's certainly not necessary, IMHO. Tkobo brings up a good point, but I don't think it's that much of an issue. Hopefully your intel service will have given you a better overview of the enemy first. If it's easy to put in, I say go for it. If it's a hassle, we can make do.

Return to “Military - Defense and Operations Departments”