User friendliness

Talk and Learn about the military aspects of the game.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Vesson
Warrant Officer

Post by Vesson »

After playing the Paris attacks scenario, and a few random games in Australia I've had a bit of trouble finding where all the shooting is coming from (esp artillery fire).

Whilst I do usually find it, the front is obviously very crowded in the middle of a big fight... Is there any improvement coming in beta to help me track down where the shooting is?

I'd like to see something like a soft slow lighting effect on the hex's which have been engaged in combat during the past day. Nothing too harsh on the eyes, and it shouldn't clutter things.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vesson on 2004-05-02 20:19 ]</font>
BattleGoat
General
Human: Yes

Post by BattleGoat »

The space bar will eventually cycle through areas of activity (centre the may on combat).
Vesson
Warrant Officer

Post by Vesson »

I like that, thanks.
Slash78
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Slash78 »

What about cycling through game speed or military units?
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

>"I'd like to see something like a soft slow lighting effect on the hex's which have been engaged in combat during the past day. Nothing too harsh on the eyes, and it shouldn't clutter things."

There is currently a (rather ugly) 'coloured disc' that appears under all units that are shooting. This will be prettied up a bit later, and the idea of fading it out may make it look even better. One element of confusion is this is currently the same disc that is used to show you which units you have selected to give orders to, though that will change.

-- George.

PS - I've added the suggestions for a Military Unit cycle and a Speed Cycle to our wishlist.

Return to “Military - Defense and Operations Departments”