How to mark a design as favorite, replaced, etc... ? (bis)

Talk and Learn about the military aspects of the game.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

clairobscur
Corporal

How to mark a design as favorite, replaced, etc... ? (bis)

Post by clairobscur »

Since my previous has been locked, , I'm going to reiterate my question, thanks for the help :

In Supreme Ruler 2010 (not in SP 2020, Europa Universalis or Civil War Generals) I've an issue with the unit filters. You can mark an unit as Excluded, Replaced, etc...so that they will/ won't appear in the building list.

Except that I've been searching for a couple hours, and I'm completely unable to figure out how to do that. I can activate and deactivate the filters but I've no clue about how to mark a specific design. More specifically to mark unit designs as "excluded" or "favourite", since it would be pretty useful. Sorry for such a basic question, but can someone help?

Also, I don't even know what "replaced" refers to exactly.
clairobscur
Corporal

Post by clairobscur »

And to the moderator who locked my previous thread :

1) Why did you assume that I was referring to SR 2020? Didn't it occur to you that I might have posted in the SR 2010 forum for a reason?

2) As for cluttering, I read at least the titles of all the threads in this forum before posting my question. Maybe I missed something, but none seemed to be relevant to my question. Sorry for not having read the threads in a forum dedicated to *another game*.

3) Now, I know that the feature hasn't been implemented in SR 2020. But since the poster refers to SR 2010, it's not clear whether it has never been implemented in either game, or it existed in 2010 and doesn't any more in 2020.

At least, in 2010, the screen where you can allow/disallow the selection of designs marked as obsoletes or as favourites, etc... is there. It's also clearly mentioned in the manual. I *can* choose to select only my favourite designs, for instance, but since I don't know how to mark one as favourite, all I get is an empty design list.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

okay, this was entirely my fault, sorry. We're just in the first few weeks of the release of SR2020, I guess I just assumed new traffic would be about the new game.

Yes, in SR2010 you can mark units as "favorite" or "excluded". When you dbl click a unit design to pop up the info you should see the checkmarks bottom center. You cannot mark something as "replaced", that is done in the equipment file. When you get for example an M1A3, the M1A2 is hidden because in the equipment file that is the replacement (this assumes you don't have "show replaced" turned on).

Again, my apologies, just dealing with a larger than usual volume of threads.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
clairobscur
Corporal

Post by clairobscur »

Balthagor wrote:okay, this was entirely my fault, sorry. We're just in the first few weeks of the release of SR2020, I guess I just assumed new traffic would be about the new game.

Well.. Supreme Ruler 2010 is still sold, at least online (I assume you know that, of course). I bought it two weeks ago, and didn't even notice there was a SR 2020 until I checked this board.

Yes, in SR2010 you can mark units as "favorite" or "excluded". When you dbl click a unit design to pop up the info you should see the checkmarks bottom center.
Thanks, that's doubly helpful, because I didn't know one could double-click on a design and get the full description (I used to begin building an unit and then only look at the full design, and found that pretty annoying). And even if I had eventually found this feature, I would probably have assumed it was exactly the same thing as when you double-click on an unit being build, in which case two small check marks don't appear, and not have noticed them.

You cannot mark something as "replaced", that is done in the equipment file. When you get for example an M1A3, the M1A2 is hidden because in the equipment file that is the replacement (this assumes you don't have "show replaced" turned on).
Thanks again.

Again, my apologies, just dealing with a larger than usual volume of threads.

You made up for it with this quick answer. Good luck with your new game.

Return to “Military - Defense and Operations Departments”