Dutch Army

Talk and Learn about the military aspects of the game.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Tyler Van Stone
Corporal

Post by Tyler Van Stone »

I wonder What units will the dutch have?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

My information shows that the Dutch army includes 320 leopard II tanks (~ 6 battalions), about 1200 M113 style APCs (~20 battlaions) and various battlions of M109s, M110s, M270s and PzH2000s. Their airforce is mostly F-16s, Apaches and Chinooks. A very nice force. When combined with the Belgian forces, they should make a strong starting position to threaten the German player.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

not if they can make Poland an Ally. German player would have a hard time figthing two fronts.
Basal
Private

Post by Basal »

That combined with our not to shabby navy we aren't in such a bad shape =) For a nation of 16 million wise asses =)
1 of only for european Nations that's able to use power oversea =)

Just thought about the fact that we also have some patriots lying around.
Don't know how many but i'm sure we have some =)
CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

Dutch power will be nothing when up against the power of the New British Empire MUAHAHAHAHA *ahem*
Supporting Nuclear Power in the UK.

Just because the Japanese happened to build one near multiple fault lines doesn't make them any more dangerous than they were before the Earthquake.
Slash78
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Slash78 »

Don't forget the Dutch Marines, they know their stuff. They also had padding for the inside of there helmets and optics on all their M-16. The US will spend $2.2 billion on a stealth bomber, but they can't get helmet liners to prevent the 'sweat band' of your brain bucket from rubbing your forehead raw. Too bad no one in the DoD gets promoted for taking care of the little things.
Jan
Captain

Post by Jan »

in most scenario (at least those i've seen untill today), netherlands don't have the required technology, something to fix for future scens ;)
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Which technologies do you think the Netherlands should have that we did not give them? This will come up fairly soon so now's the time to mention it!
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Jan
Captain

Post by Jan »

Balthagor wrote:Which technologies do you think the Netherlands should have that we did not give them? (...)
Basically all tech related to advanced naval engineering. Netherlands developped and produced (and are still but production is limited because of economic reasons, wich would not be the case in wartime), highly effective naval vessels, mostly submarines and frigates.

Electronic (sensors, ECM and Comms) is also an excellence pole of benelux industries.

Since they have a Marines Corps (Korps Mariniers), Benelux should also have the "Amphibious Assault Design" tech

Simulators are also something very developped in Benelux since it's very cost effective, so stuff like sim pods shoud be available.

Thanks to traditionnal belgian weaponry industries like the worldwide known "FN", all techs related to advanced artilley ammunitions and small arms should be available.

NBC is also something considered very seriously in Benelux, mostly because we have nuc plants and two very big ports where transit lot's of chemical and other stuff that are dangerous for health, so preparedness is very high among all troops and civilian safety services.

Mine clearing is also a pool of excellence in Benelux, either land or naval demining school are higly reputated worldwide.

On the other other side, we are not developping and/or producing armored vehicles (apart YPR-765 wich was produced for our own usage) , helicopters, planes (apart updating our F-16 MLU), missiles and artillery.

EDIT: i forgot to mention the dutch airmobile brigade and belgian para brigade. Both countries also have special forces troops

Balthagor wrote:(...)This will come up fairly soon so now's the time to mention it!
what are you talking about?

PS: if you need intels about naval warfare, i've good sources on teh subject like Jane's and Conway's books.

cheers,

Jan
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Jan wrote:...Since they have a Marines Corps (Korps Mariniers), Benelux should also have the "Amphibious Assault Design" tech...
That is the sort of thing I am talking about. I'll need to research/decide what countries know what techs at the start of the game in the next 2-3 months so this kind of information is useful. What would be most useful is if you mention the exact technology name like in this example, "all tech related to advanced naval engineering" is hard to figure out.

Also, it is important in this case to remember that BeNeLux is not part of Supreme Ruler 2020, it is now two regions, Netherland and Belgium+Luxemburg. Some technologies may go to one but not the other.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
red
General

Post by red »

Balthagor wrote:Also, it is important in this case to remember that BeNeLux is not part of Supreme Ruler 2020, it is now two regions, Netherland and Belgium+Luxemburg. Some technologies may go to one but not the other.
You happy now, tkobo?
Jan
Captain

Post by Jan »

okay, i'll be able to provide intels about these three countries.

I'll review the SR2020 section of the forum for details but will the techtree be the same than SR2010 and what will be the startdate?

cheers,

Jan
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Ummmmm, ?
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM

Return to “Military - Defense and Operations Departments”