Beta Testing - Resource Allocation

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Beta Testing - Resource Allocation

Post by Balthagor »

We've added a new set of controls to the UI. These only apply when a region is in a shortage situation. They allow you to prioritize which sector gets "fed" first - Military, Industrial or Civilian.
ra.JPG
Feedback on the feature would be appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
SGTscuba
General

Re: Beta Testing - Resource Allocation

Post by SGTscuba »

Balthagor wrote: May 05 2023 We've added a new set of controls to the UI. These only apply when a region is in a shortage situation. They allow you to prioritize which sector gets "fed" first - Military, Industrial or Civilian.

ra.JPG

Feedback on the feature would be appreciated.
Just given it a try. Very easy to use, although maybe the percentages could be worked on as total of 100% instead of having 3 100%'s? I'll have a think about it.

It does only have 1 set of settings across the board, which also makes it nice and easy to use (since IMO there is no point having one all civie, and the other all mil).
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
Average Gamer
Warrant Officer

Post by Average Gamer »

Same, having 100% to 300% looks/feels wrong...max should be 100% not 300%. On first look I Like it, but I don't feel like the %'s make much sense. I should be able to tweak each one separately but is it a "all in one" deal? so if I am running low on 2-3 goods they will all go to the sectors in the "allocation" priority? is will it be 1 resource at a time?
as well, what about power? if i have a lack of coal, but enough to run Coal powerplants but not able to use it in c/i/m will it auto-starve the power gen?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

You are correct that currently the design is setting the allocation level for "all products", it's not being done per product.

Thanks for the feedback, we'll be coming back to this one at a later time. If you have more feedback, feel free to add more comments.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

Balthagor wrote: May 09 2023 You are correct that currently the design is setting the allocation level for "all products", it's not being done per product.

Thanks for the feedback, we'll be coming back to this one at a later time. If you have more feedback, feel free to add more comments.
In the latest version, its been moved to the bottom right of the screen. under "Supply Chains".

SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

also, set it to 300% industrial, doesn't seem to do much as industry is short of electricity, but civilians still getting it. Also, causes people to get no food. Is it a global slider or a single one per commodity?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

It is global, not per product. We're making some tweaks to the system, this should get tested again in the next update.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

Balthagor wrote: Jun 05 2023 It is global, not per product. We're making some tweaks to the system, this should get tested again in the next update.
I'll give it another go once it's updated.

Return to “Issues and Support (Formerly Beta Testing)”